Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 11-01-2011, 09:30 PM   #21
tapieromateo
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
HOWEVER, that said - you must admit that, the shadow of the Cartel has certainly cast-over Central America/Mexico, and the war to decide which will dominate is ongoing even as we speak (and I'm not referring to the misguided "War on Drugs" Uncle Sam wages).
There's no denying there. We are all indirect actors on said conflicts, either producer, consumer, or taxpayer. I could make a complete analysis from a bunch of perspectives, but that's not the point.

The point, however, is that those kind of comments directly affect the image that the country has. That affects me, my economy and more importantly, my ability to get a bike. I don't know if you are aware, but the US signed a FTA with Colombia not long ago, if we are to make that economic agreement something of a higher impact, we need to start making changes, here and there. This small change that I am trying to make is just my grain of sand.
tapieromateo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2011, 09:56 PM   #22
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapieromateo View Post
Sturgis Tales Feedback

I Invite you to read, Mr Duke...

That's the MotoGP Sepang previe article.
First off, I don't like what Bruce wrote in that GP preview. I'll have it removed.

Second, it's important you understand the difference between a MO staffer and a freelancer. Bruce is a freelancer. Formerly, I'd spend time editing his copy before it was posted. But with the many hats I have to wear doing my Ed-in-Chief job, I no longer had time to spare on many of the articles written by freelancers.

Pete, Troy, Tom and myself are MO staffers, and I doubt you'll find anything we've written that will annoy you. Hopefully...
Old 11-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #23
tapieromateo
Registered Member

That clarifies a lot of things, Mr Duke. You see, everything can be solved in a civilized manner. I understand your point, and agree completely with your own concern.

It is also good to know who is actual staff and who is wel.. a freelancer...
maybe you can add a disclaimer "The opinions in this do not necessarily reflect those of Motorcycle.com or any of its staff"

And now that you point it both yours and Troy's articles are some of the best you can find online.

"If at first you don't succeed, Call for an air-strike"
Old 11-02-2011, 05:09 AM   #24
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Just this morning I heard a radio story on the Colombian elections held this past weekend. There were virtually no incidents of polling-place violence. And this year, only 40 candidates were assassinated during the campaign.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:32 AM   #25
tapieromateo
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
Just this morning I heard a radio story on the Colombian elections held this past weekend. There were virtually no incidents of polling-place violence. And this year, only 40 candidates were assassinated during the campaign.
Those are pretty good news...really.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:56 AM   #26
seruzawa
The Toad

If 40 candidates are assassinated then one can hardly make the case that calling Colombia violent is an example of stereotyping. It's reality.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #27
tapieromateo
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
If 40 candidates are assassinated then one can hardly make the case that calling Colombia violent is an example of stereotyping. It's reality.
you completely missed the point....
And that is a completely different matter.

Happy trolling, btw...

Last edited by tapieromateo : 11-02-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #28
FatPossum44444
Registered Member

The fact that most of this thread is about Columbia or Colombia, (whatever... who cares), is proof positive that there is little interest in something this small. What I can't seem to understand is why the manufacturers aren't making a bike for the US that has 350-400cc, 2-4 cylinders, is sporty and stylish, and has an MSRP of $4000-$5000. So many people would love something like that. I understand the tiered license requirements and economies of other countries have tipped the displacement scale on these bikes to the low cc side, but even the 250 cc bikes are scary to ride on the highway in the US. They can't get out of their own way with somebody of my size on them. I love the idea of a small bike, but I don't ever see myself owning anything less than 350cc ever again.
FatPossum44444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:36 PM   #29
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPossum44444 View Post
The fact that most of this thread is about Columbia or Colombia, (whatever... who cares), is proof positive that there is little interest in something this small. What I can't seem to understand is why the manufacturers aren't making a bike for the US that has 350-400cc, 2-4 cylinders, is sporty and stylish, and has an MSRP of $4000-$5000. So many people would love something like that. I understand the tiered license requirements and economies of other countries have tipped the displacement scale on these bikes to the low cc side, but even the 250 cc bikes are scary to ride on the highway in the US. They can't get out of their own way with somebody of my size on them. I love the idea of a small bike, but I don't ever see myself owning anything less than 350cc ever again.
Good points! I'm happy to report strong sales of the Ninja 250 and CBR250, but I agree with you that America and Americans need something a little larger yet still reasonably priced. I predict we'll see a few new models fitting that role over the next few years.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #30
mlynch001
Registered Member

So is it a Twin or a Single? TEXT Says "single" Specs Say "Parallel Twin". I am betting Single from the really Low Rev Limit? ? ? Build it in a 250 and bring it to the USA. These will sell.
mlynch001 is offline   Reply With Quote