Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Yamaha YZF-R15 Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19693-2012-yamaha-yzf-r15-review.html)

tapieromateo 11-01-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 269034)
HOWEVER, that said - you must admit that, the shadow of the Cartel has certainly cast-over Central America/Mexico, and the war to decide which will dominate is ongoing even as we speak (and I'm not referring to the misguided "War on Drugs" Uncle Sam wages).

There's no denying there. We are all indirect actors on said conflicts, either producer, consumer, or taxpayer. I could make a complete analysis from a bunch of perspectives, but that's not the point.

The point, however, is that those kind of comments directly affect the image that the country has. That affects me, my economy and more importantly, my ability to get a bike. I don't know if you are aware, but the US signed a FTA with Colombia not long ago, if we are to make that economic agreement something of a higher impact, we need to start making changes, here and there. This small change that I am trying to make is just my grain of sand.

Kevin_Duke 11-01-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tapieromateo (Post 269036)
http://www.motorcycle.com/events/201...iew-91158.html

I Invite you to read, Mr Duke...

That's the MotoGP Sepang previe article.

First off, I don't like what Bruce wrote in that GP preview. I'll have it removed.

Second, it's important you understand the difference between a MO staffer and a freelancer. Bruce is a freelancer. Formerly, I'd spend time editing his copy before it was posted. But with the many hats I have to wear doing my Ed-in-Chief job, I no longer had time to spare on many of the articles written by freelancers.

Pete, Troy, Tom and myself are MO staffers, and I doubt you'll find anything we've written that will annoy you. Hopefully...

tapieromateo 11-01-2011 11:07 PM

That clarifies a lot of things, Mr Duke. You see, everything can be solved in a civilized manner. I understand your point, and agree completely with your own concern.

It is also good to know who is actual staff and who is wel.. a freelancer...
maybe you can add a disclaimer "The opinions in this do not necessarily reflect those of Motorcycle.com or any of its staff"

And now that you point it both yours and Troy's articles are some of the best you can find online.

"If at first you don't succeed, Call for an air-strike"

The Spaceman 11-02-2011 06:09 AM

Just this morning I heard a radio story on the Colombian elections held this past weekend. There were virtually no incidents of polling-place violence. And this year, only 40 candidates were assassinated during the campaign.

tapieromateo 11-02-2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 269074)
Just this morning I heard a radio story on the Colombian elections held this past weekend. There were virtually no incidents of polling-place violence. And this year, only 40 candidates were assassinated during the campaign.

Those are pretty good news...really.

seruzawa 11-02-2011 07:56 AM

If 40 candidates are assassinated then one can hardly make the case that calling Colombia violent is an example of stereotyping. It's reality.

tapieromateo 11-02-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 269077)
If 40 candidates are assassinated then one can hardly make the case that calling Colombia violent is an example of stereotyping. It's reality.

you completely missed the point....
And that is a completely different matter.

Happy trolling, btw...

FatPossum44444 11-04-2011 02:44 PM

The fact that most of this thread is about Columbia or Colombia, (whatever... who cares), is proof positive that there is little interest in something this small. What I can't seem to understand is why the manufacturers aren't making a bike for the US that has 350-400cc, 2-4 cylinders, is sporty and stylish, and has an MSRP of $4000-$5000. So many people would love something like that. I understand the tiered license requirements and economies of other countries have tipped the displacement scale on these bikes to the low cc side, but even the 250 cc bikes are scary to ride on the highway in the US. They can't get out of their own way with somebody of my size on them. I love the idea of a small bike, but I don't ever see myself owning anything less than 350cc ever again.

Kevin_Duke 11-04-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatPossum44444 (Post 269244)
The fact that most of this thread is about Columbia or Colombia, (whatever... who cares), is proof positive that there is little interest in something this small. What I can't seem to understand is why the manufacturers aren't making a bike for the US that has 350-400cc, 2-4 cylinders, is sporty and stylish, and has an MSRP of $4000-$5000. So many people would love something like that. I understand the tiered license requirements and economies of other countries have tipped the displacement scale on these bikes to the low cc side, but even the 250 cc bikes are scary to ride on the highway in the US. They can't get out of their own way with somebody of my size on them. I love the idea of a small bike, but I don't ever see myself owning anything less than 350cc ever again.

Good points! I'm happy to report strong sales of the Ninja 250 and CBR250, but I agree with you that America and Americans need something a little larger yet still reasonably priced. I predict we'll see a few new models fitting that role over the next few years.

mlynch001 11-04-2011 04:42 PM

So is it a Twin or a Single? TEXT Says "single" Specs Say "Parallel Twin". I am betting Single from the really Low Rev Limit? ? ? Build it in a 250 and bring it to the USA. These will sell.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:40 AM.