Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 BMW S1000RR Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19643-2012-bmw-s1000rr-review.html)

Administrator 10-24-2011 10:25 AM

2012 BMW S1000RR Review

Original Article:
2012 BMW S1000RR Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 BMW S1000RR Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Kevin_Duke 10-26-2011 12:39 PM

For your visual and auditory enjoyment, we now have our video loaded in this bike test.

Or you can see it on our YouTube page: motorcycle's Channel - YouTube

Duken4evr 10-28-2011 06:56 AM

Cool video! Enjoyed Kevin's comments, as well as the sound of the bikes screaming by. Hard to believe that sound comes out of an EPA legal stock can.

With an MSRP on par with the Japanese offerings it seems like the BMW is a no brainer if in the market for this type of machine. Aside from the performance, the bike has a coolness factor that the Japanese just can't muster. Well done BMW!

As for me, if riding one of these I wonder if I would ever dare take it out of rain mode!

Kevin_Duke 10-28-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duken4evr (Post 268808)
Cool video! Enjoyed Kevin's comments, as well as the sound of the bikes screaming by. Hard to believe that sound comes out of an EPA legal stock can.

With an MSRP on par with the Japanese offerings it seems like the BMW is a no brainer if in the market for this type of machine. Aside from the performance, the bike has a coolness factor that the Japanese just can't muster. Well done BMW!

As for me, if riding one of these I wonder if I would ever dare take it out of rain mode!

Yeah, the sound of the RRs ripping down the front straight is scintillating! MSRP should be announced in a couple of weeks...

The Spaceman 10-28-2011 10:01 AM

This has to be the coolest sportbike on the planet. Where the R1 is so symetrical and curvy...the S1000RR is all edges and techno. I want one, and I couldn't even ride the damn thing more than 1/2 hour a day.

jmdonald 10-28-2011 11:45 AM

BMW Lust

There will always be a place in my garage for a sportbike of this caliber even if I can only ride it for 30 minutes at a time. It is definately on my list of five. The immediate commentary after the individual sessions was a nice touch. The bike would be a bargain at twice the price.

AustinHunt 11-02-2011 01:46 PM

Love the video. Like you said those headlights are funky. I have to wonder if they went to a more conventional symmetrical headlight if the sales of the bike would be better. Call me a shallow poser but I like a bike that looks cool parked in front of my favorite watering hole. Seems like there could be a significant after market for symmetrical headlight fairing. From every other angle the bike looks good and I do like the new rear end. Hand grip warmers are a good thing as it is getting cool and I don't like wearing big gloves when riding my sport bike.

Dr_Sprocket 11-02-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinHunt (Post 269098)
Love the video. Like you said those headlights are funky. I have to wonder if they went to a more conventional symmetrical headlight if the sales of the bike would be better. Call me a shallow poser but I like a bike that looks cool parked in front of my favorite watering hole. Seems like there could be a significant after market for symmetrical headlight fairing. From every other angle the bike looks good and I do like the new rear end. Hand grip warmers are a good thing as it is getting cool and I don't like wearing big gloves when riding my sport bike.

Asymmetrical headlights have been part of the BMW's character for a while now. If you can't get into that, perhaps a BMW isn't for you.

Kevin_Duke 11-03-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinHunt (Post 269098)
Hand grip warmers are a good thing as it is getting cool and I don't like wearing big gloves when riding my sport bike.

I hear ya. They really extend a rider's comfort zone so a rider can enjoy more riding!

Buzglyd 11-03-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdonald (Post 268820)
There will always be a place in my garage for a sportbike of this caliber even if I can only ride it for 30 minutes at a time. It is definately on my list of five. The immediate commentary after the individual sessions was a nice touch. The bike would be a bargain at twice the price.

You've got like 20 bikes on your list of five!