Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 10-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #11
czsummy
Registered Member

might just be me but that speed triple is ugly. i like that bonniville though very nice
czsummy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #12
Administrator
Administrator

This article has been updated with new pricing information released by Triumph:

$15,699 for the Tiger Explorer, $15,999 for the Speed Triple R and $9,099 for the Bonneville Steve McQueen Edition.

Also, the 2012 Triumph Speed Triple R will come with switchable ABS as standard, not as an optional add-on as initially reported.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #13
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

For what you're getting The Tiger Explorer is right about where you'd expect it, my left-over '09 GS was $17k, I think MSRP was $18.5 or so with the Adventure model another grand or two. Are bags included with the Explorer? I couldn't get a straight answer at the IMS..

Not a make or break but just curious, I paid around $800 for the BMW Vario side cases keyed to the bike and another $500 for the top case, matching lock set and all the associated mounting plates and brackets. I would expect to pay more or less the same from Triumph unless they're included.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #14
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Accessory Item

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
For what you're getting The Tiger Explorer is right about where you'd expect it, my left-over '09 GS was $17k, I think MSRP was $18.5 or so with the Adventure model another grand or two. Are bags included with the Explorer? I couldn't get a straight answer at the IMS..

Not a make or break but just curious, I paid around $800 for the BMW Vario side cases keyed to the bike and another $500 for the top case, matching lock set and all the associated mounting plates and brackets. I would expect to pay more or less the same from Triumph unless they're included.
I don't think the price includes bags. It does include ABS,Traction and Cruise Control. I'm liking this bike more and more.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #15
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
I don't think the price includes bags. It does include ABS,Traction and Cruise Control. I'm liking this bike more and more.
The Triumph bags aren't getting good reviews anyway. They're a bit too fragile, from what I've read.

There's so many good options for everything from bomb-proof aluminium panniers to lightweight molded plastic bags, buying the OEM gear seems kinda lazy.

Besides, what's more fun than dropping a few grand at the Twisted Throttle website?
Old 01-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #16
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Well I actually am kinda' lazy so it works out.... Nah I was just curious. Touratech sells the ally Zega panniers that are not only bomb proof but waterproof too.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote