Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Ryca CS-1 Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19499-ryca-cs-1-review.html)

The_AirHawk 10-06-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 267736)
It is. I didn't even notice. I haven't seen ebass for years.

He looks "well fed."

Next thing you know, we'll see an article from Gabe on Scotch.....

12er 10-06-2011 05:00 PM

ALL CAPS was on Mo D last I saw.

Dr_Sprocket 10-06-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 267738)
Next thing you know, we'll see an article from Gabe on Scotch.....

Hip-hip, hooray! Hip-hip, hooray!

seruzawa 10-06-2011 07:05 PM

Sweet idea. I've kicked around trying to find an old GB500 or SRX600 from time to time. Decent copies are hard to find. This would fill the bill.

It's more fun to go fast on a slow bike then to go slow on a fast bike.

The Spaceman 10-07-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 267744)

It's more fun to go fast on a slow bike then to go slow on a fast bike.

No it isn't. If that were true, you'd own a TUX 250 instead of a liter Triumph.

Is it fun to TRY to go fast on a slow bike? Sure. But is it MORE fun? No f'ing way.

Kevin_Duke 10-07-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 267703)
These guys (Ryca) were in a couple of the M/C mags about a year - 18 months ago, but when I called them, they were completely backed up on delivering kits. You had to give them a deposit and get in line. IIRC, the delivery date was 6 months or more.

Has that improved? Can you send them money and get back a kit in a reasonable time now?

Here's the answer from Ryca: "At the moment, we are caught up with orders. Since we use the stock tank and rear hub of the customer's donor bike to create their kit, the standard lead time is about 4-6 weeks depending on options (primered kit vs painted, etc)."

schizuki 10-07-2011 02:51 PM

I was curious if Suzuki even made the Savage anymore. They do. It's called the S40 now. I didn't realize how innovative it is. Check this out:
Quote:

Climb aboard a true classic. Kick back and enjoy the timeless style that made riding synonymous with freedom. It’s all about the laid-back stance, broad saddle, and that irresistible V-twin rumble.
Suzuki has successfully engineered the world's only single-cylinder V-Twin!

JoelReiter 10-07-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 267736)
He looks "well fed."

Well fed or not, can we please not have nonsense that contradicts the laws of physics in Motorcycle.com?

Quote:

Speaking of which, while I didn’t quite nudge the speedo past 100 mph, my guess is that the 200-plus pounds that I burdened the Ryca with was the only thing holding it back.
Uh, no. Possibily the non-aerodynamic bulk of your 200-and-non-of-our-business pounds and your XXL riding suit affected top speed. But believe me, if you topped out at 92 mph, and you strapped a 100 lb. anvil behind you and repeated the test, you would still go 92 mph.

Repeat after me. Weight has NOTHING to do with top speed. It is a function of horsepower and aerodynamics.

Otherwise a really fun article, thanks.

schizuki 10-07-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoelReiter (Post 267792)
Weight has NOTHING to do with top speed. It is a function of horsepower and aerodynamics.

I'll bet a single-cylinder V-twin has less drag.

seruzawa 10-07-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoelReiter (Post 267792)
Well fed or not, can we please not have nonsense that contradicts the laws of physics in Motorcycle.com?

Uh, no. Possibily the non-aerodynamic bulk of your 200-and-non-of-our-business pounds and your XXL riding suit affected top speed. But believe me, if you topped out at 92 mph, and you strapped a 100 lb. anvil behind you and repeated the test, you would still go 92 mph.

Repeat after me. Weight has NOTHING to do with top speed. It is a function of horsepower and aerodynamics.

Otherwise a really fun article, thanks.

Tell me that while we race up Big Cottonwood Canyon which has a 4000 ft elevation gain in 17 miles.