Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Honda Sabre Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19489-2011-honda-sabre-review.html)

Administrator 10-04-2011 10:26 AM

2011 Honda Sabre Review

Original Article:
2011 Honda Sabre Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Honda Sabre Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The Spaceman 10-05-2011 04:59 AM

"think of the Sabre as the boulevard bruiser."

I'd call it the "Pro-Street" model in the lineup.

It would seem that Honda is doing for choppers today what they did for motorcycles overall in the '60's: completely out-engineering the competition, prices that make the genre available to anyone, and styling that is neither weak nor polarizing, just hitting the right buttons, right in the middle.

Buzglyd 10-05-2011 05:19 AM

If they came out with this ten years ago, it would have been a hit.

The whole Pro-street and chopper thing is so 2001.

The Spaceman 10-05-2011 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 267638)

Well of course we know that. But don't tell them. Those guys are subsidizing the development of the cool bikes we want!

Buzglyd 10-05-2011 06:31 AM

Yeah that new hybrid thingy is rad!

opie 10-06-2011 09:54 PM

I'm still amazed that this "custom" styled bike has a prominent seam jutting down along the bottom of the gas tank. It's one thing I hate about Honda's cruisers. The other, like the article stated, is the huge amount of plastic. I especially hate the chrome (silver?) covered plastic they use for parts that you think should be metal. Honda's design and reliability are top notch, but the plastic is lowbrow.

seruzawa 10-07-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 267638)

We expect Honda to be 10 years behind the times now.

MOKE1K 10-07-2011 12:04 PM

Been back at the Honda dealership since June and compaired to the VTX's the 13's handle great and turn better than expected.

MOKE1K 10-07-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 267762)
We expect Honda to be 10 years behind the times now.

And its not 800lbs! Only 659lbs

Duken4evr 10-07-2011 03:27 PM

Honda lacks originality and self inspiration and as a result needs to copy others. They do the copy thing well though.

It would be nice if Honda chose another manufacturer to copy. Ducati would be a fine choice on the street, KTM for the dirt, particularly in the underserved "serious dual sport" and enduro realm that is pretty much owned by KTM right now.

Bikes like this put me to sleep better than a fistful of melatonin tabs. That makes for freaky acid trip dreams though, unlike this plain vanilla late to the party "me too" Honda...