Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Moto Guzzi California Black Eagle Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19440-2011-moto-guzzi-california-black-eagle-review.html)

Administrator 09-27-2011 02:48 PM

2011 Moto Guzzi California Black Eagle Review

Original Article:
2011 Moto Guzzi California Black Eagle Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Moto Guzzi California Black Eagle Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

schizuki 09-27-2011 03:23 PM

The fenders are too valenced, and they need to ditch the floorboards and goofy handlebar. Other than that, it looks surprisingly good. Still like the old Jackal better, though.

The Spaceman 09-28-2011 05:40 AM

I thought only BMW could build a cruiser that ugly. What a POS.

The inevitable result of a company losing focus and trying to fit into someone else's market space.

Larry 09-29-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizuki (Post 267197)
The fenders are too valenced, and they need to ditch the floorboards and goofy handlebar. Other than that, it looks surprisingly good. Still like the old Jackal better, though.

There are lots of cruisers that I see, look at the handlebars, and ask myself "What were they thinking?". Buckhorns, beach bars, mini-apes... I don't get it.

Kevin_Duke 09-29-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry (Post 267304)
There are lots of cruisers that I see, look at the handlebars, and ask myself "What were they thinking?". Buckhorns, beach bars, mini-apes... I don't get it.

Yeah, but it's really easy to swap bars to a bend that suits you best. Cheap and effective.

bmwclay 09-29-2011 06:30 PM

Black Eagle

Not as nice as my 95 hp Le Mans.

Dr_Sprocket 09-30-2011 02:41 AM

At first glance, my thoughts are "Heck, no!" I'm not really diggin' this Guzzi.

The Spaceman 09-30-2011 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwclay (Post 267325)
Not as nice as my 95 hp Le Mans.

Which is nowhere near as nice as my '07 Vee.

The_AirHawk 09-30-2011 07:33 AM

Other than the round, ungainly tail-light, I really don't think the bike is all that bad. Still a bit too "cruiser-ish" for my own taste, but the lines look fairly classic UJM/Standard.

opie 09-30-2011 02:02 PM

Enjoy that normal looking tachometer.....

.....because soon it will rest at 2,500 RPM when the motor is off and give you screwy readouts all of its life.

That wouldn't keep me from buying and loving this Guzzi, I just realized that I hardly recognized the tach with its needle in the right place.

And your Le Mans & V7 are nice, but my 2000 V11 Sport? Now there's a motorcycle.

I've owned 5 Guzzi's in all. Used to be part owner in a little Moto Guzzi dealership in Marietta, GA called Zen Moto. Guzzi's can drive you crazy but they're satisfying like no other. I'm not exactly sure why, but it's true.

I had the '99 Bassa, brown two-tone with a windshield & black leather bags. The metallic paint was the color of coffee, and the inset was the color of coffee with cream. I sure wish I still had her.

Btw, if you're calling this manufacturer something goofy, you pronounce "Guzzi" like "Gootsy". The "u" rhymes with "boot" and the two zees make the same sound as they do in the word "pizza".