Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Honda CBR1000RR Preview (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19411-2012-honda-cbr1000rr-preview.html)

Administrator 09-23-2011 01:04 PM

2012 Honda CBR1000RR Preview

Original Article:
2012 Honda CBR1000RR Preview

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 Honda CBR1000RR Preview in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 09-23-2011 06:11 PM

So Honda is asleep once again along with Yamaha. 'Course Honda has been at the tail end of the pack for a decade now.

jmdonald 09-23-2011 06:55 PM

Can't help but like it

I tend to be more harsh with my Honda criticism. I always expect more from them. That being said I really like this bike. If I were younger it would be in my garage. One should use logic and reason when making these kinds of choices but I am only human. Emotionally it hits my sweet spot. It seems I can't get Honda out of my system.

trenttheuncatchable 09-24-2011 07:18 AM

It took a while to get used to the way that the 2008 model looked, but now I like it for what it is. The 2012 model is starting to look like an R1 now, with its hawkish nose.

Kevin_Duke 09-24-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdonald (Post 267054)
I tend to be more harsh with my Honda criticism. I always expect more from them. That being said I really like this bike. If I were younger it would be in my garage. One should use logic and reason when making these kinds of choices but I am only human. Emotionally it hits my sweet spot. It seems I can't get Honda out of my system.

Your feelings are well warranted. Although the BMW S1000RR took our 2010 literbike honors based on its awesome 25-horse advantage, the CBR has a more usable powerband and the lowest weight and most nimble chassis. To some, it should've won in 2010, which would've made it a literbike winner three years in a row.

Check out the torque dyno chart so you can see the CBR's power advantage below 11K rpm, which on the street is where it matters: http://www.motorcycle.com/gallery/ga..._itemId=233904

The Spaceman 09-25-2011 05:08 PM

The new Fury looks cool. Aside from that...same 'ole.

I wonder if they'll ever update the ST. That design has to be pretty long in the tooth. It has a following, but compared to what you can get from the competition, it doesn't make the cut.

Kevin_Duke 09-25-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 267100)
The new Fury looks cool. Aside from that...same 'ole.

I wonder if they'll ever update the ST. That design has to be pretty long in the tooth. It has a following, but compared to what you can get from the competition, it doesn't make the cut.

I have a suspicion we'll see a new ST soon, either next year or 2014. It could've been sooner, but this farking economy is probably scaring off the conservative Honda.

seruzawa 09-25-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 267111)
I have a suspicion we'll see a new ST soon, either next year or 2014. It could've been sooner, but this farking economy is probably scaring off the conservative Honda.

The only hope for Honda motorcycles is if the Board turns control of the bike division back to the bike enthusiasts. As long as the automobile dominated committee keeps running the bike division then Honda will continue to follow the leader. Sad to see the most innovative motorcycle company of the 70s and 80s become so lethargic.

Soichiro is spinning at 10,500 rpm.

The Spaceman 09-26-2011 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 267111)
but this farking economy is probably scaring off the conservative Honda.

Well there's that, but there's also those three little words:

Foo-Kah-Shee-Mah

Ok, that's four. What am I, a mathematician now?

MOKE1K 09-26-2011 08:28 AM

I think the Honda has been the best all around liter bike since it arrived in 2008 with the new version and I ride a Suzuki! Finally though they have fixed the front end, man that thing was ugly. I think they've done an awesome job with the Air intakes on this year model.