Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Suzuki Burgman 400 ABS Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19404-2011-suzuki-burgman-400-abs-review.html)

Administrator 09-22-2011 03:22 PM

2011 Suzuki Burgman 400 ABS Review

Original Article:
2011 Suzuki Burgman 400 ABS Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Suzuki Burgman 400 ABS Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Buzglyd 09-22-2011 04:08 PM

I like it.

I think the 400 is perfect for a scooter.

The 650 is overkill!

Duken4evr 09-23-2011 07:07 AM

Agreed. The 400 is perfect. These make a lot of sense, especially if one lives in a climate where they can be used most of the year. Southern CA is the perfect location to own a scooter like this, with it's nice weather and perenially higher than the rest of the nation gas prices. Can't think of a better way to get groceries or get to work.

sliphorn 09-23-2011 08:01 AM

Yup, the 400 cc scoots are very nicely balanced, as are the single cylinder 500's from Piaggio and Kymco.

Though I would like to ride the twin cylinder 500 T-Max. I understand it's a real hoot.

The_AirHawk 09-23-2011 11:00 AM

Nice Bike! Where does the wind-up key go?

The Spaceman 09-23-2011 11:16 AM

I just saw one of these down at Riva Motorsports a few minutes ago; didn't know they had a 400 until today. It looks just like the original. I'll bet they're fun.

They also had the new CBR250R. Man, what a deal for $3,999. From 30' away it looks like a full-on sportbike. Hell, it's hard to tell it isn't one up close. The kid needs one of those...I'll use it for an incentive till he gets old enough to ride it.

Kevin_Duke 09-23-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliphorn (Post 267000)
Though I would like to ride the twin cylinder 500 T-Max. I understand it's a real hoot.

Your understanding is accurate. I spun some smiling miles on it during this test: 2009 Yamaha T-Max 500 Review

sliphorn 09-23-2011 03:06 PM

I'm glad you thought the T-Max was fun, Kevin. I'm trying to decide what to add as a stable mate to my '06 Sprint ST.

I like the Bonneville but would prefer the new Kawasaki W800, but it isn't available here in the states.

Seeing as I live in the heart of Chicago, one of these bigger scoots would probably be perfect for those times when the Sprint would be too much.

With the Sprint, every time I get on it I just wanna stretch her legs. Which means of course, getting out of town. With a big scoot I'd probably be a little more inclined to hang locally and enjoy some late night city rides.

So many choices.

Kevin_Duke 09-24-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sliphorn (Post 267029)
I'm glad you thought the T-Max was fun, Kevin. I'm trying to decide what to add as a stable mate to my '06 Sprint ST.

I like the Bonneville but would prefer the new Kawasaki W800, but it isn't available here in the states.

Seeing as I live in the heart of Chicago, one of these bigger scoots would probably be perfect for those times when the Sprint would be too much.

With the Sprint, every time I get on it I just wanna stretch her legs. Which means of course, getting out of town. With a big scoot I'd probably be a little more inclined to hang locally and enjoy some late night city rides.

So many choices.

The scooterMax is definitely fun for me, but it's such an odd machine that I'd definitely recommend a test ride before plunking down your dough. Let us know how it goes.

sliphorn 09-25-2011 06:26 PM

Good advice, Kevin. A test ride would definitely be in order.