Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Yamaha and Star Motorcycles Model Preview (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19350-2012-yamaha-star-motorcycles-model-preview.html)

Administrator 09-14-2011 10:02 AM

2012 Yamaha and Star Motorcycles Model Preview

Original Article:
2012 Yamaha and Star Motorcycles Model Preview

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 Yamaha and Star Motorcycles Model Preview in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Duken4evr 09-14-2011 08:28 PM

Whew. The Japanese have been asleep for awhile. I know the economy sucks, but Europe is a disaster and makers over there are still doing interesting things.

Yawn...

seruzawa 09-14-2011 09:32 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................

Squid Killer 09-15-2011 08:10 AM

I really like the new R1. I sure had fun on mine until all the squids caused my insurance rates to go beyond a reasonable level.

Buzglyd 09-15-2011 08:44 AM

I'm sure glad they removed that "polarizing" tank emblem!

bmwclay 09-15-2011 03:35 PM

New Yamahas

Not as good as my Le Mans.

AustinHunt 09-15-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 266594)
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................

I was thinking the same thing when I clicked on the comments button. The Yamaha cruisers are really uninspiring. The R1 is still a good looking bike but it's starting to look old against newer competition.

Morbo the Destroyer 09-18-2011 09:15 AM

Cruisers and sportbikes. Then there's sportbikes and cruisers. Or, there's cruisebikes and sporters.

Seriously, the most interesting and NEW bike from Yamaha, the Super Tenere, doesn't even warrant a mention? And where's the FZ-8, possibly the best motorcycle on the planet at the $8k price point?

If Yamaha actually promoted alternatives to sportbikes and cruisers in the US, they would sell a lot more.

The Spaceman 09-18-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer (Post 266750)
Cruisers and sportbikes. Then there's sportbikes and cruisers. Or, there's cruisebikes and sporters.

Seriously, the most interesting and NEW bike from Yamaha, the Super Tenere, doesn't even warrant a mention? And where's the FZ-8, possibly the best motorcycle on the planet at the $8k price point?

If Yamaha actually promoted alternatives to sportbikes and cruisers in the US, they would sell a lot more.

Morbo! Where you been, you stikin ALIEN?? Haven't see you since that Jovian Moon thing.

You're right, the marketing and journalist guys are in an endless loop, playing to the established market because its the safe bet, and then complaining because nobody will ride something different.

Kevin_Duke 09-18-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 266752)
You're right, the marketing and journalist guys are in an endless loop, playing to the established market because its the safe bet, and then complaining because nobody will ride something different.

Don't blame the journalists. We test everything available. You would've seen a VMax/Diavel shootout by now if Yamaha was able provide one. Super Ten (delayed due to earthquake/tsunami) vs, GS, too.