Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Cardo Scala Rider G4 Power Set Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19313-cardo-scala-rider-g4-power-set-review.html)

Administrator 09-08-2011 01:47 PM

Cardo Scala Rider G4 Power Set Review

Original Article:
Cardo Scala Rider G4 Power Set Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Cardo Scala Rider G4 Power Set Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Buzglyd 09-08-2011 03:07 PM

The set can be found at a discount online.

I'm interested.

I'd like some comments about the sound quality when listening to music. I'm not really interested in phone calls.

The occasional squeal of delight from my girlfriend won't be too bad either but even better with a music background.

pushrod 09-08-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 266271)
The occasional squeal of delight from my girlfriend won't be too bad either but even better with a music background.

On the bike!?

You da MAN!

Tom Roderick 09-09-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 266271)
I'd like some comments about the sound quality when listening to music. I'm not really interested in phone calls.

Considering the size of the speakers, sound quality isn't bad, somewhat tinny, but listenable. Bose speakers would be much better, but the system is already pricey.

Buzglyd 09-09-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Roderick (Post 266330)
Considering the size of the speakers, sound quality isn't bad, somewhat tinny, but listenable. Bose speakers would be much better, but the system is already pricey.

Bose speakers? Eek!

What would be really nice is to be able to have some custom ear molds instead of the speakers.

You could insert and then pop the helmet on. You'd get noise reduction and great sound.

Are you listening Cardo?

Jeffdag 09-09-2011 12:29 PM

I found the volume level unacceptable and when I sent emails to the company for help, I never received a response. I even readjusted the speakers. I will be returning it.

Sound quality, for music, was not very good.

yucww210 09-09-2011 12:45 PM

I'm interested too

SpeedwayRN 09-10-2011 06:09 AM

Typical intercom review.....
Doesn't ever address, Does the unit provide side tones??????
Side tones are what allow you to hear your own voice in your own speakers when you talk. If you never used a system with side tones you probably don't think its a big deal. However if you have used a system with side tones then go to one with out it makes it frustrating as it is impossible to modulate and adjust your speaking volume. Otherwise you are either yelling at folks or mumbling but you don't know because you can't hear your own voice....... If this system does not have side tones its a bit expensive..

silentgrayfellow 09-10-2011 08:54 AM

Their previous generation intercom had sidetone, so i would assume this one does too.

pikehk 09-21-2011 10:39 AM

My problem with systems like these is the speakers push against my big ears causing immense pain. I know listening to music on this is impossible but I like them for comuu icatong and answering phone calls. Are these speakers small enough to fit in my arai without killing me? Can I hook a pair of molded earplug speakers to the unit?