Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Victory Cross Country Review: Cory Ness Signature Edition (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19307-2011-victory-cross-country-review-cory-ness-signature-edition.html)

Administrator 09-07-2011 12:25 PM

2011 Victory Cross Country Review: Cory Ness Signature Edition

Original Article:
2011 Victory Cross Country Review: Cory Ness Signature Edition

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Victory Cross Country Review: Cory Ness Signature Edition in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

V2Rider 09-07-2011 01:57 PM

Never could understand billet hand grips.

Buzglyd 09-07-2011 02:26 PM

I've ridden plenty of Vics and like them but the styling is so 1998. It was the heyday of HOT Bike magazine and slow races and Ness customs.

Of course, I like H-D's looks which go back to the 30s so call me weird.

Duken4evr 09-07-2011 05:54 PM

Really like the Vic Cross Country - appreciate the balance of features, power and chassis competence. Their style is fine, but I am not so swayed by that. Will probably get one someday, when I grow up...

AustinHunt 09-08-2011 03:53 PM

I really like the looks of this bike. My girl friend says I am still back in the 90s so I guess it's not surprising.. The bike seems styled about right not over the top like the Vision. Love Sturgis the girls look so wholesome! :)

Kevin_Duke 09-08-2011 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinHunt (Post 266279)
Love Sturgis the girls look so wholesome! :)

Professional decorum prevents me from making the joke I'd like to share... :wink:

Duken4evr 09-09-2011 06:31 AM

Darn professional decorum!

By the time I am done with my FZ1, it is likely that the next bike will be a Victory Cross Country bagger. Fighting it, but in the end it appears futile. Good thing the FZ1 is such a solid and reliable bike. The inevitable assimilation into touring barge land will eventually happen. No need to hurry the process though. Well maybe, if such a bike can attract wholesome women like the ones shown.

Oh, my wife would kill me for that last comment...

Kevin_Duke 09-09-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duken4evr (Post 266314)
Darn professional decorum!

By the time I am done with my FZ1, it is likely that the next bike will be a Victory Cross Country bagger. Fighting it, but in the end it appears futile. Good thing the FZ1 is such a solid and reliable bike. The inevitable assimilation into touring barge land will eventually happen. No need to hurry the process though. Well maybe, if such a bike can attract wholesome women like the ones shown.

Oh, my wife would kill me for that last comment...

Wholesome women have many positive attributes. Loose ones, too... ;)

yucww210 09-09-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V2Rider (Post 266221)
Never could understand billet hand grips.

ME TOO!!!!!

raw6464 09-09-2011 12:56 PM

Cory Ness? This bike looks like it was designed by Fred & Barney of the Flintstones. Professional decorum prevents me from commenting on Cory's Ness's signature justifying $25K... on anything.

Big sometimes can be hideous.. if you look up ostentatious in the dictionary... there a pix of this bike.

From South Dakota this bike should've been toured right into the Pacific Ocean.