Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 GT 8V Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19222-2011-moto-guzzi-norge-1200-gt-8v-review.html)

Administrator 08-24-2011 10:59 AM

2011 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 GT 8V Review

Original Article:
2011 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 GT 8V Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 GT 8V Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

sarnali2 08-24-2011 12:13 PM

Cool, I'd take a Norge` over a K1600GT as well. It fit's better into my type of riding and also my less is more philosophy. And there's a renowned Moto Guzzi dealer right here in Seattle. And I live within a stones throw from some of the best mountain pass twisties this side of...well.... the Alps I guess........

The possibilities are endless I tell ya!

Buzglyd 08-24-2011 02:34 PM

If my name was Jorge' I would buy a Norge'

pushrod 08-24-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 265394)
If my name was Jorge' I would buy a Norge'

It'd be better if you anglicized it and called yourself 'George.'

(Which reminds me of a Sylvester the cat skit, but I digress)

Then you did a roadtrip to the Royal Gorge, and visit a blacksmith's shop.

Man, I can see the tour log title now...

The_AirHawk 08-24-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 265397)
It'd be better if you anglicized it and called yourself 'George.'

(Which reminds me of a Sylvester the cat skit, but I digress)

Then you did a roadtrip to the Royal Gorge, and visit a blacksmith's shop.

Man, I can see the tour log title now...

"George rode his Norge' from Valley Forge to the Royal Gorge."

Say that seven times fast.

Buzglyd 08-24-2011 03:30 PM

I believe the Norge' is pronounced like Jorge' so I'll keep the Spanish.

It would be fun pulling up to the biker bar and telling the ruffians you ride a Norge' with a straight face.

Kevin_Duke 08-24-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 265402)
I believe the Norge' is pronounced like Jorge' so I'll keep the Spanish.

It would be fun pulling up to the biker bar and telling the ruffians you ride a Norge' with a straight face.

I dunno how they pronounce it in Spain or Mexico, but the Italians call it a Norge, rhyming with gorge.

The Spaceman 08-24-2011 06:43 PM

Is the electric windshield button placement really that big a deal? I've been known to remove my hands from the grips while riding... Hell, they didn't even have the feature until this model, so perhaps the glass is 1/2 full.

seruzawa 08-24-2011 06:46 PM

"Why not a single button, operating both up and down functions, mounted within thumb or finger’s reach on either the left or right handlebar?"

Because it's Italian, dummy.

Nice bike though. A friend has the 1100 Breva though and there's something strangely satisfying about riding a Guzzi.

Kevin_Duke 08-24-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 265410)
Is the electric windshield button placement really that big a deal? .

No, not really a huge deal, but it shows an obvious lack of development. The left button is easy enough to trigger by letting go with your left hand, but the right hand is another matter. All they'd have to do is stick both buttons on the left side and place them in reach of a thumb without letting go of the bars. In this day and age, that's not too much to ask. No other bike we've tested has such an odd e-windshield trigger.