Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #21
The Spaceman
Registered Member

When the orignal FX line was created (FX which is now known as Dyna), Harley took the old, chunky front end off the FL frame and put a Sportster front end on in its place. That created the FX series, including the classic Low Rider.

Four decades later, they put the old front end back on, return the windscreen and saddlebags, and the bikes is right back where it started from.

Sure beats workin!
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #22
Octavio Calderon
Registered Member

Apart from other factors, performance is what matters the most - it gives your warranty with added horse power. I personally like it in Dyna.
Octavio Calderon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #23
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Just about scrapin' saddlebag in that last photo. Gotta love MO
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #24
Captain Steve
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavio Calderon View Post
Apart from other factors, performance is what matters the most - it gives your warranty with added horse power. I personally like it in Dyna.
Thank you mad-libs spam bot for another entertaining post.
Captain Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #25
bmwclay
Founding Member

Cool Switchback

Looks like the Victory Cross Road basic is a better bike with more power and 3K less cost for the 2011.

Last edited by bmwclay : 08-11-2011 at 05:43 PM.
bmwclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #26
mlynch001
Registered Member

103CI (1690cc), 66 horsepower and 81 lb/ft? ? ? Really? Bag latches do not "latch" properly? 2.1 inches of Rear suspension travel? You have got to be kidding me! ROFLMAO!! "Parts bin engineering" at its finest! Are there any "real" engineers and designers left ANYWHERE at the Motor Company? This is another H-D "styling exercise". All show, no "go"! Sorry, I cannot see the attraction?
mlynch001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:34 AM   #27
Larry
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlynch001 View Post
103CI (1690cc), 66 horsepower and 81 lb/ft? ? ? Really? Bag latches do not "latch" properly? 2.1 inches of Rear suspension travel? You have got to be kidding me! ROFLMAO!! "Parts bin engineering" at its finest! Are there any "real" engineers and designers left ANYWHERE at the Motor Company? This is another H-D "styling exercise". All show, no "go"! Sorry, I cannot see the attraction?
Hey! They did this:

"According to Harley’s staff, utilizing cartridge-type damping in only the left fork leg proved an efficient method to achieve the advanced levels of damping engineers were after"
11.63 @ 115 mph -- 1/4 mile
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:13 AM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlynch001 View Post
You have to keep in mind that HD has tried a more powerful bike and it gathers dust on the showroom floor. If the customers want this sort of bike from HD then they would be fools to try to "force" anything else on the customers. This is the dilemma any bike company has. What do the users want? For good or bad this is what HD's buyers want. A loping air-cooled V-twin.
Old 09-17-2011, 09:32 AM   #29
Kingshead
Registered Member

I like the looks, the aluminum headlight bucket (should have mounted the speedometer in it), beach bars would be a better styling fit, I don't like the idea of only one gas charged shock up front. Price seems alright. Always liked the look of Harleys, hence my choice of bike and mods.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:06 AM   #30
philipjohn
Registered Member

Default Re:

Harley davidson is my favourite bike and i also got a harley bike.i like it very much.Its color is black.
philipjohn is offline   Reply With Quote