Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Harley-Davidson Dyna Switchback Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19077-2012-harley-davidson-dyna-switchback-review.html)

The Spaceman 08-10-2011 10:01 AM

When the orignal FX line was created (FX which is now known as Dyna), Harley took the old, chunky front end off the FL frame and put a Sportster front end on in its place. That created the FX series, including the classic Low Rider.

Four decades later, they put the old front end back on, return the windscreen and saddlebags, and the bikes is right back where it started from.

Sure beats workin!

Octavio Calderon 08-10-2011 12:58 PM

Apart from other factors, performance is what matters the most - it gives your warranty with added horse power. I personally like it in Dyna.

Duken4evr 08-10-2011 08:01 PM

Just about scrapin' saddlebag in that last photo. Gotta love MO :D

Captain Steve 08-11-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octavio Calderon (Post 264460)
Apart from other factors, performance is what matters the most - it gives your warranty with added horse power. I personally like it in Dyna.

Thank you mad-libs spam bot for another entertaining post.

bmwclay 08-11-2011 05:21 PM

Switchback

Looks like the Victory Cross Road basic is a better bike with more power and 3K less cost for the 2011.

mlynch001 08-12-2011 09:23 AM

103CI (1690cc), 66 horsepower and 81 lb/ft? ? ? Really? Bag latches do not "latch" properly? 2.1 inches of Rear suspension travel? You have got to be kidding me! ROFLMAO!! "Parts bin engineering" at its finest! Are there any "real" engineers and designers left ANYWHERE at the Motor Company? This is another H-D "styling exercise". All show, no "go"! Sorry, I cannot see the attraction?

Larry 09-17-2011 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlynch001 (Post 264608)
103CI (1690cc), 66 horsepower and 81 lb/ft? ? ? Really? Bag latches do not "latch" properly? 2.1 inches of Rear suspension travel? You have got to be kidding me! ROFLMAO!! "Parts bin engineering" at its finest! Are there any "real" engineers and designers left ANYWHERE at the Motor Company? This is another H-D "styling exercise". All show, no "go"! Sorry, I cannot see the attraction?

Hey! They did this:

"According to Harley’s staff, utilizing cartridge-type damping in only the left fork leg proved an efficient method to achieve the advanced levels of damping engineers were after"

seruzawa 09-17-2011 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlynch001 (Post 264608)

You have to keep in mind that HD has tried a more powerful bike and it gathers dust on the showroom floor. If the customers want this sort of bike from HD then they would be fools to try to "force" anything else on the customers. This is the dilemma any bike company has. What do the users want? For good or bad this is what HD's buyers want. A loping air-cooled V-twin.

Kingshead 09-17-2011 09:32 AM

I like the looks, the aluminum headlight bucket (should have mounted the speedometer in it), beach bars would be a better styling fit, I don't like the idea of only one gas charged shock up front. Price seems alright. Always liked the look of Harleys, hence my choice of bike and mods.

philipjohn 09-20-2011 03:06 AM

Re:

Harley davidson is my favourite bike and i also got a harley bike.i like it very much.Its color is black.