Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 08-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #11
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Funny enough, I saw a Triumph Tiger 800 on the road just this morning! Guess that means the Tiger is the bike for me. Yipee!

It's a sign from God!!!!!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #12
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Since I've yet to see any BMWs or Triumphs in the dirt near Moab (except mine) where there are more BMWs especially than you can shake a stick at it appears that probably 99% of riders are getting the GSes as a fashion statement. Not that I blame them considering the price of a 1200GS Adventure. Who wants to dump it? Generally I see a couple of KTMs but no GSes. I'd much prefer the F800ST. No bike that weighs nearly 500lb is worth a crap in the dirt anyhow.

My PZKW does well on Forest service roads, I wouldn't take it or a Tiger for that matter on anything much more challenging. In the GS's favor it is an amazingly well balanced bike and a joy to ride however it's way too porky for single track riding unless you're pretty skilled.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #13
Tom Roderick
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
So off road the abrupt throttle on the BMW wasnt a big deal? Or are all new bikes like that and you guys are just used to it? My demo I found any bump would cause the bike to lurch, seemed if the return spring was too soft. Maybe it was just me.
The abruptness of the BMW's throttle is definitely an issue. As I wrote in the story, I could better manage the Tiger when riding off-road via throttle control whereas the BMW required more clutch to smooth its throttle.

Between the two, however, I'll take BMW's throttle, because I prefer its accuracy and I agree that a stronger return spring will go a long way in helping cure the problem and to maintain steady throttle control, especially when riding anywhere with bumps.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #14
Gerwin
Registered Member

Default Where's the video

I only get the message "Get the flash player". I have flash installed. I get this message on Firefox and Safari.
Gerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #15
testcase
Founding Member

I appreciated the candor in acknowledging that the vast majority of folks that buy these bikes are buying them to stay on the pavement. I don't say that in a negative way.. the farthest I'll take my Uly is a service road or such, I think. I took it on a hiking trail once with... less then great consequences for my clutch. Anyway, it's nice to see that acknowledgement of the market these beasts are in and to see them judged in both regards, too.

--------------------------------------------------
The Wheelnerds Podcast - http://www.wheelnerds.com
testcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:26 AM   #16
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerwin View Post
I only get the message "Get the flash player". I have flash installed. I get this message on Firefox and Safari.
What version of Flash do you have installed? (You can check in Firefox by going to the Tools menu, selecting Add-ons, and then the Plugins section.)
Kawasaki Forum |
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:08 PM   #17
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Roderick View Post
The abruptness of the BMW's throttle is definitely an issue. As I wrote in the story, I could better manage the Tiger when riding off-road via throttle control whereas the BMW required more clutch to smooth its throttle.

Between the two, however, I'll take BMW's throttle, because I prefer its accuracy and I agree that a stronger return spring will go a long way in helping cure the problem and to maintain steady throttle control, especially when riding anywhere with bumps.
Ok, not just me, good to know. Thank you Sir.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #18
Gerwin
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
What version of Flash do you have installed? (You can check in Firefox by going to the Tools menu, selecting Add-ons, and then the Plugins section.)
Hi, according to Safari I've got Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181. Is that helpfull?
Gerwin is offline   Reply With Quote