Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   X Games Moto X Takes Downtown Los Angeles by Storm (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19048-x-games-moto-x-takes-downtown-los-angeles-storm.html)

Administrator 08-03-2011 07:46 AM

X Games Moto X Takes Downtown Los Angeles by Storm

Original Article:
X Games Moto X Takes Downtown Los Angeles by Storm

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article X Games Moto X Takes Downtown Los Angeles by Storm in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 08-03-2011 09:43 AM

Is Pastrami gonna do a double-axle triple-backflip with a quadruple skull-fracture this year?

2doorcinema 08-03-2011 12:40 PM

I think the X-games have been instrumental in growing the sport. Not only in freestyle, but riding in general. It has made riding "cool" and has sparked the interest of young boys. For instance, "Jacko." He is a young guy and started riding at an early age. I think we will see more and more young talent coming through and placing in the X-game events.

I didn't have the opportunity to watch the X-games b/c I was too busy riding :) But, I see in the article they added a new event: Enduro X. This event looks and sounds awesome! It may just get me tuning in. Thanks for the article.

Dr_Sprocket 08-03-2011 02:40 PM

I watched the X-Games coverage this year. It was great! Backflips, frontflips, and front-side nollies are awesome in high-def! Too bad Travis had to break a leg.

12er 08-03-2011 02:40 PM

I DVR'd them all, well other than the Gold rounds as many went long and the DVR cut em off. Good to see the Girls coming up in sports. Granted a few Womens events looked like the "Special X Games" in comparison to the mens events but still good to see them out there trying.

The Spaceman 08-08-2011 05:38 AM

What does "nac-nac" mean? Or what is a "nac-nac?"

sarnali2 08-08-2011 08:04 AM

It's a small town in Alaska, the bridge over the Nutsack river just outside of town frequently washes out. Motorcyclists there had to device a way to cross during those time so they'd bulid ramps and jump the Nutsack, over time Nutsack got shortened to Nac Nac by native Alaskans, most of whom have few teeth from having to gnaw on animal hides to soften them for use in place of toilet paper which unfortunately doesn't fare well in the damp climate.

pushrod 08-08-2011 08:22 AM

Yep! I read the same Wikipedia article!

It's apparently a quaint little town, just down the river from the village of Nic-Nac.

Nic-Nac used to be a lot nicer, but the overabundance of Gift Shops kinda ruined it.

sarnali2 08-08-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 264325)
Yep! I read the same Wikipedia article!

It's apparently a quaint little town, just down the river from the village of Nic-Nac.

Nic-Nac used to be a lot nicer, but the overabundance of Gift Shops kinda ruined it.

Yeah, the place is too crowded, nobody goes there anymore..

Buzglyd 08-08-2011 10:28 AM

The Moto X was cool. Those boys were getting punished jumping over all those logs and rocks and such.

Very good.