Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Testing BMW's S1000RR at the Arctic Circle (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/19034-testing-bmws-s1000rr-arctic-circle.html)

Administrator 07-31-2011 07:40 PM

Testing BMW's S1000RR at the Arctic Circle

Original Article:
Testing BMW's S1000RR at the Arctic Circle

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Testing BMW's S1000RR at the Arctic Circle in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Morbo the Destroyer 08-02-2011 10:29 AM

Why the heck did they put the racetrack in such a desolate, cold area? I found the site on Google Earth, and it doesn't look like there's much of anything nearby aside from one small town.

It must be open only a few months a year.

The_AirHawk 08-02-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Whilst we were there elk cows were roosting in the sun trackside with their calves,
Were they on Huskys? Or just some crappy old XRs?

tapieromateo 08-03-2011 05:11 PM

I find your colOmbian stereotype very disrespectful and unnecesary.

The_AirHawk 08-03-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tapieromateo

Because Colombian Cocaine is the Richest Cocaine in de World!

tapieromateo 08-04-2011 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 264146)
Because Colombian Cocaine is the Richest Cocaine in de World!

exactly...

Morbo the Destroyer 08-04-2011 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tapieromateo (Post 264143)

Huh? There's nothing in the article I can find that even suggests Colombia. He says: "whilst" about 3 times a paragraph, but nobody's perfect.

My manager just went to Colombia for a 2-week vacation. He said it was awesome, beach and mountain resorts, horseback riding, diving, fine dining. With the exchange rate dinner at a top restaurant is about $10. He's been very excited since he got back.

The_AirHawk 08-04-2011 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer (Post 264155)
Huh? There's nothing in the article I can find that even suggests Colombia. He says: "whilst" about 3 times a paragraph, but nobody's perfect.

My manager just went to Colombia for a 2-week vacation. He said it was awesome, beach and mountain resorts, horseback riding, diving, fine dining. With the exchange rate dinner at a top restaurant is about $10. He's been very excited since he got back.

It's all the "Snow", Morbo. The "Snow".....

Anyway, I have no idea WTF this guy's talking about - if he's referring to MY first post, I was making a play on words.

(FYI Senor mateo, Roosting is a moto-term; it refers to a sort of "rolling burnout" on a dirtbike where the back tire is kicking-up SO much dirt it resembles a Rooster's Tail. It also refers to birds "bedding down" to rest on an elevated area. As both in-reference to Elk are completly Ridiculous, the term I believe Tor Sagen was looking-for is "Sunning".)

tapieromateo 08-04-2011 07:23 AM

no...

i'm refering to the "like a long lost girlfriend returning after being kidnapped in the Columbian jungle." part, but thanks for your clarification.

And morbo, i like your statement.

MOKE1K 08-04-2011 08:28 AM

Epic place and article! Never knew of such a place until now and Im farmiliar with a lot of tracks around the world.

I tell ya what we need some of that cool air down here in Florida. Racing here in September is rediculously hot! Bet the bike never gets past 200 degrees.