Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Harley-Davidson CVO Models Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/18973-2012-harley-davidson-cvo-models-review.html)

Administrator 07-20-2011 09:59 AM

2012 Harley-Davidson CVO Models Review

Original Article:
2012 Harley-Davidson CVO Models Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 Harley-Davidson CVO Models Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

trenttheuncatchable 07-20-2011 10:38 AM

Very nice bikes, but I can't afford even a standard Harley. Makes me feel better about the price of the mods I've done to my cruiser, though.

Buzglyd 07-22-2011 08:43 AM

It is interesting to note that H-D will sell as many of these high margin bikes as Victory will sell bikes in total.

seruzawa 07-22-2011 08:55 AM

For the price of a CVO. I could get a K1600 and a Street Triple. Some choice.

Buzglyd 07-22-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 263496)
For the price of a CVO. I could get a K1600 and a Street Triple. Some choice.

We can play that game forever though.

It just looks like H-D really knows its customer base and they'd be silly not to make these models.

I won't be in line for one but I'm sure about 10,000 people will.

pushrod 07-22-2011 09:28 AM

$37,249.

For a part-time ride.

Wow.

I don't think I've ever known anyone that could swing that. Or would if they could.

seruzawa 07-22-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 263499)
We can play that game forever though.

I'd love to.

Nah, if people like them then more power to them. It's just not my bag. At least they aren't tossing money on cages.

Buzglyd 07-22-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 263502)
I'd love to.

Nah, if people like them then more power to them. It's just not my bag. At least they aren't tossing money on cages.

And considering it's $38,500 to have dinner with Zero, the H-D starts looking like a pretty good deal.

Morbo the Destroyer 07-23-2011 06:31 AM

A good article, although I'm surprised at the timing. I remember the new models being announced every August. Maybe the CVO release is independent.

"CVO bikes start as OE-model Harleys. A dedicated staff then works from the expansive array of goodies from Harley’s P&A (Parts and Accessories) division"
Not sure that does the CVO build justice. More than just a "catalog" build, each CVO bike is hand-built by ONE master technician. (The subcomponents like engine, trans, etc. are, of course, built separately). Virtually every part is upgraded, even parts like brake line unions buried in the fairing are chromed upgrade parts.

That black and white Road Glide is the best looking HD I've seen in years. Of all the modern Harleys, the Road Glide is the only one I could see myself buying. But not for thirty large!

sarnali2 07-23-2011 09:17 AM

I can't do it myself, hell I choked on paying $27k otd for a regular Road Glide Ultra. The most I have ever paid for a bike was $18.6k for the '08 FLHT I bought 3 years ago. I personally don't like the look of the CVO models anyway. For one thing the cone style air cleaner would have me on the side of the road the first time I rode it in the rain and all that chrome and fancy paint would force me to wash my bike more then once or twice a year, neither of which is going to work for me.

But, as already said, HD will sell every one of them to eager buyers who'll be happy as clams to own and ride them and shine them up nice and pretty. Different strokes and all..