Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 07-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
ducatigyrl
Registered Member

Default What do you think about Ural?

I'm really interested in all types of motorcycles. I'm looking into the whole side car thing and found a cool brand called Ural. What do you think about Ural?
ducatigyrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatigyrl View Post
I'm really interested in all types of motorcycles. I'm looking into the whole side car thing and found a cool brand called Ural. What do you think about Ural?
Ural are awesome! Tell me more.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
Administrator
Administrator

Stay tuned ...
Kawasaki Forum |
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
acecycleins
Founding Member

They are workhorse machines, but the are under-powered for the American interstate system. Other than that- buy one that within the last 4yrs of this model year. The importer for the US simply makes them better than they are from the factory. Get the one with the hack that's driven. That way fire roads and snow will not be an issue.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Stay tuned ...
Okay. I volunteer to be an admin/moderator for the Kawasaki forum, since I've actually owned a few of these, and have a Z750S at present.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:30 AM   #6
pushrod
Founding Member

+1 to all the above.

The later ones are much better than older ones, and they are not powerful enough for the superslab.

Of course, you can buy an older one and toss the engine, and replace it with a newer BMW mill.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:53 AM   #7
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I think they're massively cool myself, probably a little more finicky than most modern bikes but still viable if you have a good dealer nearby.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #8
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

I think Urall crazy.

Unless you're a skilled mechanic and only plan to putt around on the occasional weekend, it's a waste of money. It will be broken down as much as running, parts will be hard to get, nobody's going to want to work on it, etc. etc. etc. Even when it's running it won't go on the freeway, so unless you live in the sticks or have a big truck and trailer to get it to the country, you'll be limited to riding around the suburbs.

There's plenty of great alternatives. Harley makes a factory sidecar setup, and sidecars can be purchased with hook-up kits for anything from BMWs to Suzukis.

If you want a garage ornament and a conversation piece, the Ural is your bike. If you want to go places and use the rig, look elsewhere.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #9
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
I think Urall crazy.

Unless you're a skilled mechanic and only plan to putt around on the occasional weekend, it's a waste of money. It will be broken down as much as running, parts will be hard to get, nobody's going to want to work on it, etc. etc. etc. Even when it's running it won't go on the freeway, so unless you live in the sticks or have a big truck and trailer to get it to the country, you'll be limited to riding around the suburbs.

There's plenty of great alternatives. Harley makes a factory sidecar setup, and sidecars can be purchased with hook-up kits for anything from BMWs to Suzukis.

If you want a garage ornament and a conversation piece, the Ural is your bike. If you want to go places and use the rig, look elsewhere.
Mr Destroyer has an issue with Russians. lol.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #10
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Damn bolsheviks!
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote