Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Harley-Davidson Blackline Review [Video] (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/18839-2011-harley-davidson-blackline-review-video.html)

Administrator 06-24-2011 03:44 PM

2011 Harley-Davidson Blackline Review [Video]

Original Article:
2011 Harley-Davidson Blackline Review [Video]

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Harley-Davidson Blackline Review [Video] in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 06-24-2011 04:35 PM

If there were ever a company that proved the principles of micro-evolution it would be Harley-Davidson. Maybe Suzuki too, this year.

12er 06-24-2011 05:24 PM

Harley, the ultimate parts bin bike maker. 5 frames, 4 engines and how many models?

Buzglyd 06-24-2011 06:48 PM

I saw one of these in orange at the local dealer.

I liked it enough to want one.

Dr_Sprocket 06-25-2011 10:35 AM

Like many (not all) Harley products, it looks cool but has questionable practicality.

Sir_Angus 06-28-2011 12:10 PM

Meh, change out the handlebars and you've got a softail custom (FXSTC) they've been selling for decades ... Willy G. is asleep at the wheel. Harley needs some healthy competition to spark real change.

Kevin_Duke 06-29-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 262187)
Like many (not all) Harley products, it looks cool but has questionable practicality.

Having extra cool almost always has a cost of some sort...

sarnali2 06-29-2011 10:05 AM

I'll refrain from pointing out how the whole "paint it black" style started because po' boys like me had to actually build our "custom" bikes out of whatever crap parts we could find laying around. Since 30 year old paint and chrome don't always look the best you just rattle-canned it black instead....fast forward a few years and it's High Fashion..

The more it changes, the more it stays the same...

seruzawa 06-29-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 262343)
I'll refrain from pointing out how the whole "paint it black" style started because po' boys like me had to actually build our "custom" bikes out of whatever crap parts we could find laying around. Since 30 year old paint and chrome don't always look the best you just rattle-canned it black instead....fast forward a few years and it's High Fashion..

The more it changes, the more it stays the same...

Yeah, but at least the brakes on the new ones are more effective than that stick we used to use.

sarnali2 06-29-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 262345)
Yeah, but at least the brakes on the new ones are more effective than that stick we used to use.

I actually tried to run a set of used riveted brake shoes on my chopper, they didn't work very well......