Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
Stonewall
Registered Member

Default Need help identifying a part to order

Hello there, I'm new to the forum and was hoping one of you could help me find a part.

The part is the bracket where the mirror screws in to connect it to the handlebar. The other side of the bracket holds the clutch lever to the handlebar. Although I don't need to replace the clutch side of the bracket, I realize I may need to purchase them as a set.
It is for a Triumph Speed Four.

I don't know the name of the part, so if anybody could tell me, it would be a great help. Or, if someone could provide a link to where I can order the part, that would be even better!

Thanks in advance,
-Mark
Stonewall is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2011, 07:17 AM   #2
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Check out bikebandit.com. You can look up your bike in the OEM section, check out the part on the relevant parts diagram, and order it from them. For example, if your Speed Four is a 2005, this is the page: 2005 Triumph SPEED FOUR Parts, 2005 Triumph SPEED FOUR OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #3
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
Or, if someone could provide a link to where I can order the part, that would be even better!
Your nearest dealer can give you the name and part number for anything you want/need. Once in a great while, you might even find their price reasonable.

I like to support my local dealer whenever possible.......so that if I really need them sometime in the future they will still BE there.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
Stonewall
Registered Member

Thanks for the link/ advice.
Bikebandit is very helpful, but they don't have the schematic for the 2006. I looked at the schematic for the 2005, which should be the same as for the 2006. However, the specific part I need looks different (it doesn't show the socket for the mirror to screw into) on the schematic.
Anyone have experience with this issue?

I think I'll call my local shop and see if they can help me out.
Thanks again,
-Mark
Old 06-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
Sir_Angus
Registered Member

It's called a "handlebar control" (I know, wicked technical right?) and usually sold as a kit, but OEM you should be able to just get the clutch side (driver's left) instead of purchasing a complete set.

Good luck!
Old 06-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
Stonewall
Registered Member

I called my local dealer and they had the same problem with the diagram, but they were able to call the manufacturer and make sure it was the right part. The dealership price was only $2 higher than Bikebandit, and I saved on shipping. Also, the dealership gets faster shipping.
Thanks for the help,
-Mark
Old 06-16-2011, 05:23 AM   #7
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Bikebandit is NOT cheap. I use their fiche to find the part number I need and then place the actual order at the local dealership. They give me a discount and I don't pay shipping. I've never waited more than a week for a part, usually it's a few days. And it give me an excuse to go and browse the new bikes.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:17 AM   #8
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
Also, the dealership gets faster shipping.
Sometimes (often) the most obvious solutions are the best.
Glad you are getting is sorted out.