Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

On the Tiger 800s another 20 hp is only an EFI map away. Try that on the BMW.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #12
Tom Roderick
Registered Member

Thanks, Morbo!
Old 06-15-2011, 08:12 PM   #13
Tom Roderick
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGMB View Post
Pretty sure the rear wheel is 17" on both bikes, not 19" as stated in the article.
Yes, wheel sizes are 21/17 and 19/17. Sorry guys, not sure how that happened. I mentioned in the video 17-inch wheel sizes and when I got back from the trip I checked the information I was provided and was amazed that it said 19-inch rear wheels.

I built the spec sheet for the story, and it's a simple matter of copying Triumph information, so I know it was correct at the the time. But after a little digging I found the correct specs.

Won't happen again.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:33 AM   #14
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Put some Arrow cans on it, a power commander and I bet this is one sweet sounding and running motor.

Not so into the whole ADV thing (got a straight dirt bike for off road) but a sporty standard version of this would be cool too!
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #15
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Cool, when I'm old and creaky like Seruzawa I'll be needing a lighter bike than the mighty GS PzKw, one of these or an F800 GS should be just the ticket!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #16
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Atlantic Ducati/Triumph offered up a demo 800 for a ride Saturday. I did about 30 miles on it in mixed conditions; pretty much everything but dirt. It's a very entertaining bike; it's like riding a mountain bike with an engine. And ABS, which I got to try unexpectedly (nice!). If I were looking to go offroad on occasion, this would be a serious option. But on the Interstate it's too skittish for my taste; maybe it's the high CG.

I did like the "Triple" engine feel though. Triumph may have found the best mix of good stuff from an L-twin and an I-4 layout. They have a Sprint GT demo bike; I think I'll take a spin on that next weekend.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:51 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Cool, when I'm old and creaky like Seruzawa I'll be needing a lighter bike than the mighty GS PzKw, one of these or an F800 GS should be just the ticket!
So, you'll be getting one today, I assume.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:15 AM   #18
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
So, you'll be getting one today, I assume.

Yeah this afternoon! LOL

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #19
pushrod
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
[i]The only flaw/concern I have is the passenger peg setup; in keeping with the simplistic theme, they mount to the frame directly. Because they stick out pretty far, it seems like they could damage the frame easily.
I can tell you one thing nice about those passenger peg mounts: They keep the bike off your leg if you fall over!

At least on pavement, the bike will lay on the handlebar end, and the two footpegs.

DAMHIKT

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #20
12er
Founding Member

I tried one on Saturday after demo'n the GS800. I fit on it nice and since the GS turned out to be a total POS I'll be anticipating a demo on the trumpet. I could not get over the ridiculously abrupt throttle response on the 800GS. I took it for about a 60 mile ride and hit a paved one lane that is as close to dirt as you can get. Putting in 3rd over rolling bumpy hills I was all over the bike with the thing taking off, then slamming shut on the throttle. First bike I ever was happy to give the keys back. My feet and hands were tingling bigtime after getting off that rattle trap. 14k, I'd have a hard time at half that... Come on Triumph...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote