Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #21
cloud9
Registered Member

older zx-6r models
cbr 600rr
Yamaha r1
ducati 1198 and 1098
triumph 675, street triple and speed triple
ducati hypermotard.

Like others have said simply choosing a bike based on that one feature is likely going to lead to disappointment after purchase.

Ace I like your idea for the bet.

Insane are called those who deal with death

Masters are called those who seal the deal

Legends are called anyone of those who die in their quest.
cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-13-2011, 01:06 PM   #22
Sir_Angus
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocrfella View Post
Crashing it is very unlikely, but I might drop it. I noticed how heavy these were when I drive the 250. But you're on. How are we going to do this? I'm hitting the gym! LOL
Back when I was younger and thought I could still act like a kid I bought factory fresh GSX-R1000. At the time, I had about 10 yrs & multi-thousand miles of road riding experience, but this was my first sportbike ...

Luckily, I passed the "Ace" test (barely) but that kind of power is intoxicating. The first time I hit 70mph in 1st gear without redlining I became an addict.

Point of the story is you never know what you're going to do or how something will play out until it happens. Statiscally speaking you're going to wreck. I just hope for your sake its minor and tempers your arrogance.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:19 PM   #23
rocrfella
Registered Member

Thanks for the advice and everything else guys. I understand the most important thing is throttle control. Trust me I've had many years of it. We'll just have to wait and see. I have my sight on the cbr600rr and the ninja 650r.

acecycleins, I will pm you once I get everything.
rocrfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #24
Squid Killer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocrfella View Post
I understand the most important thing is throttle control. Trust me I've had many years of it.
Nope. You have much to learn. 10 years of dirt experience is still zero street experience. Take a street riding class first, hit the books and then you won't get flamed by so many experienced riders who see through your posts and can tell you know nothing about street riding.

We are willing to help others into this sport but few are willing to tollerate a bad attitude toward starting.

Humility makes a great rider.

FZ1, R6, Gold Wing, EX250, Seca 2, TTR230, Metropolitan.
Squid Killer is offline   Reply With Quote