Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #11
rocrfella
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider 2 View Post
Well how old ARE you then ??

Seems to me like you only specified one feature.......and one that is pretty meaningless at that.

Here's a novel idea: Go to the websites of Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha and maybe even Triumph and BMW.

It should be pretty easy to pick out the features that you want and you won't have to depend on stupid answers from us.

P.S. I gave you the answer you NEED. Here it is again:

And since you turned your nose up at the Ninja 250, then you should consider a Ninja 500.......or something else with no more tha 2 cylinders and total engine size no bigger than 650.

It is likely that NO bike with under-seat exhaust is appropriate for someone who is "new to bikes".
I'm 24. I did check out the insurance for the Honda CBR600RR. Basic is only $240 a year. Thanks for the tips. I will be looking at the 600 or 650.
rocrfella is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2011, 07:50 AM   #12
Easy Rider 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocrfella View Post
I'm 24. I did check out the insurance for the Honda CBR600RR. Basic is only $240 a year. Thanks for the tips. I will be looking at the 600 or 650.
Please note my suggestion about 2 cylinders.

A 600 I-4, like you mentioned above, is a true racing machine that can launch a rooking into space (or a grave) without warning.

And if you don't carry collision insurance, a relatively simple drop in the driveway can damage enough plastic body work to cost you almost as much as the whole bike is worth.

I know that at 24 you are just positive that you can handle it.......but the experience of thousands of others and the advice of experts tells quite a different story.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Undertail exhaust great until mid-summer in traffic......
Old 06-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #14
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Are you here in the USA? If so, I would place the same wager with you that I place with EVERY newbie street rider- regardless of age.
You'll break it within a year (usually less than six months). Doesn't matter how you break it (usually rider error, but dropping it counts). If you make it I will supply you with a Longhorns or Outback card for a steak and beer. If you don't you send me one.

Tell your insurance agent about our wager and if you're honest enough you will live to your word. I have made this same bet with about 500 newbies in 11yrs. I've lost 1 time. I eat many free meals.

BTW- I've got 3000 avtive policy holders and over 6000 bikes insured.
You should not think that a bike is not powerful enough. Go to a track day event or two and observe. You will notice that guys on single cylinder supermotos that put out a measly 40hp will make MOST supersport riders look not just bad, but like the squids most are.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #15
rocrfella
Registered Member

Crashing it is very unlikely, but I might drop it. I noticed how heavy these were when I drive the 250. But you're on. How are we going to do this? I'm hitting the gym! LOL
rocrfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:19 AM   #16
acecycleins
Founding Member

PM me with an address and your first name, tell me when you have insured the bike, tell me who's insuring it and from the date of inception on the policy you have 1 yr. No cheating. If you break it you must come clean. Remember that insurance agents can check claims history. If you pay in cash to fix damage and you don't inform me you will be cheating. If you have never operated a street bike legally the "Crashing it is very unlikely" comment is pretty bold. So, lets us sweeten the deal. If a "crash" occurs (meaning you clearly are at fault- rider error) or not we will increase the bet by 25%. So, the original bet would be around $30 for your steak and beer. The additional $7.50 should cover one more beer.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #17
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Undertail exhaust great until mid-summer in traffic......
I haven't had a problem. But then, Ima Cheap Bastid and unwilling to spend the Bill for an Akro the dude at the Yamaha shop was wantin' for an aftermarket. Stock is "heavy", but it's got a double-wall, and the reflector and insulation fits it.

Hence, "I haven't had a problem".
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #18
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Crashing it is very likely, I will drop it too.

There, fixed it for you.....I'm trying to be polite here......with your attitude your REALLY ought to start small and learn something about street riding before you hop on a real sport bike.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
There, fixed it for you.....I'm trying to be polite here......with your attitude your REALLY ought to start small and learn something about street riding before you hop on a real sport bike.
You're wasting your breath. $50 says he doesn't last 90 days from the date of purchase of a race replica.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:28 AM   #20
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Back to the question. Off the top of my head:

Yamaha R1
Many Ducati models, especially recent Monsters
Suzuki DL1000 (sort of)

I know there's a lot more. Try going to Google Images and entering:
Motorcycle Underseat Exhaust. You're bound to get lots of hits that wil lead to bike info.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote