Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-07-2011, 07:57 AM   #1
BP1982
Registered Member

Default Need some help

Hi all. My name is Brent. I'm 29 and just purchased my 2nd bike - a 2009 ZX-10. Haven't ridden in almost 7 years, so trying to get back in the swing of things. Have a few questions: any ideas as to where in the Cleveland area to ride? Also, bike is basically stock, but looking for a full exhaust system upgrade sometime in the next few months... suggestions?
BP1982 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP1982 View Post
Also, bike is basically stock, but looking for a full exhaust system upgrade sometime in the next few months... suggestions?
I know this isn't what you want to hear but my advice is...........
Leave it alone. A different exhaust will not be an "upgrade".

Loud pipes risk rights.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

For once I agree with ER2. Save the money on the exhaust and get some training. Training will make you much faster (and safer) than any exhaust would.

Personally, I prefer to quietly leave the loud @ssholes in the dust.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #4
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

I suggest riding someplace where Ambulance Service is close-by.

Not riding in 7 years and the Zix-Ten as the second bike; You're probably gonna need it.......
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #5
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP1982 View Post
Hi all. My name is Brent. I'm 29 and just purchased my 2nd bike - a 2009 ZX-10. Haven't ridden in almost 7 years, so trying to get back in the swing of things. Have a few questions: any ideas as to where in the Cleveland area to ride? Also, bike is basically stock, but looking for a full exhaust system upgrade sometime in the next few months... suggestions?
Hi Brent,
Ignore these Doo-Gooder busybodies who want to tell you what to do with your bike. If you want a aftermarket pipe, get one. What is this, a ****ing "nanny-state?" If people don't like the sound, tough ****, you'll be gone by fast enough.

Instead of a full system, you might consider a slip-on setup. It's about 1/2 the price ($500 vs $1k). Muzzy has always been the leader in Kawi aftermarket exhausts, although you can also find cans from KR, Vance and Hines, several others.

All aftermarket pipes and cans reduce backpressure for a bump in HP and torque, so you'll need to remap the EFI to get the best results. Look at Power Commander or a Yoshbox to solve that. About $500.

As for riding areas in Cleveland...no help here.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Ken doesn't understand the difference between expressing an opinion and forcing everyone to obey an opinion by force of law. This is why we are in the trouble we are. He wants his every whim provided by the govt and is willing to loot and murder as many citizens as necessary to get what he wants. Sure he couches it in terms like "social good" but it's just the same old greed, desire for loot and power over others.

In this case he's willing to see BP1982 die horribly in a flaming head-on crash with a semi as will inevitably result if BP1982 gets a loud pipe and no training. To put a stop to this horrible state of affairs and ensure freedom and safety for BP1982 and everyone else send cash (no checks) to DrSerizawa's Sure Fire Freedom And Road Safety Relief Fund.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #7
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Stick around BP1982, and within a few weeks Seruzawa will use his remote Vulcan Mind Meld techniques to figure out what you're thinking too! In fact, you won't even have to post any questions; he'll just put the answers up for you, before you even ask.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #8
Easy Rider 2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
Hi Brent,
Ignore these Doo-Gooder busybodies who want to tell you what to do with your bike.
So that **I** can tell you what to do with it.
Because **I** obviously know more than anyone else on here.

......and then he proceeded to do just that.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #9
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Yall crack me up. Question for BP1982. What is the reason you feel you need an exhaust upgrade?
Old 06-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #10
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider 2 View Post
So that **I** can tell you what to do with it.
Because **I** obviously know more than anyone else on here.

......and then he proceeded to do just that.
"bike is basically stock, but looking for a full exhaust system upgrade sometime in the next few months... suggestions?"

Ask, and ye shall receive.

Its.......A FACT!