Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #11
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
True, but it handles better.
The Miata is one of the most fun and tossable cars I've ever driven, but it leans the wrong way in corners!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #12
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
The Miata is one of the most fun and tossable cars I've ever driven, but it leans the wrong way in corners!
What a shame they started shipping them with factory-installed "Pride Flags." Sheese...is nothing sacred?

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #13
12er
Founding Member

I can wear a Miata as a shoe, but thats about all that fits in one. My wife test drove one when we bought our speed6, I had more room in Coach than the passenger seat.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #14
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
I can wear a Miata as a shoe, but thats about all that fits in one. My wife test drove one when we bought our speed6, I had more room in Coach than the passenger seat.
A somewhat "tall" friend of mine races one that he picked-up for a song - he puts the seat as far back and down as it goes, wears narrow shoes, and looks-over the top of the windshield (top down, of course).

Another friend races a Lotus Elise - you have to sorta "fall over" the doorsill to get in, for starters. My feet are so close I could heel-and-toe without meaning to, I could never race it because my head is against the roof (no helmet room) - I fit in it about like Bobby fits in the Miata. If YOU ever got in one of these (god knows how that could happen), it would require "Da' Gums O' Life" to get you out.....

(note archaic Cow and Chicken reference)
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #15
DonM
Founding Member

Default Big Can Be Friendly

My GL1500 reminds me more of a Subaru than the rusty aluminum engined Honda Civic I used to own. All the parts work well together and if a part needed to be made they made it. It just adds up to lots of parts.

Because the bike already weighs a lot you might want to take a second look at the size of your passenger. A slim passenger need not contact the rider at all thanks to the generous space between seats.

Kudos for Honda Motorcycle's continued attention to lighting; a motorcycle that is seen as a motorcycle is a safer vehicle for everyone.

Where is the automatic transmission?
DonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #16
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM View Post
Because the bike already weighs a lot you might want to take a second look at the size of your passenger. A slim passenger need not contact the rider at all thanks to the generous space between seats.
Dang it! If you can't have your passenger cozy up to you on a motorcycle, then where can your have them cozy up?!
Old 06-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM View Post
My GL1500 reminds me more of a Subaru than the rusty aluminum engined Honda Civic I used to own. All the parts work well together and if a part needed to be made they made it. It just adds up to lots of parts.

Kudos for Honda Motorcycle's continued attention to lighting; a motorcycle that is seen as a motorcycle is a safer vehicle for everyone.

Where is the automatic transmission?
Even more importantly, where is the all-rider/passenger weather protection and the extra pair of balance wheels.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #18
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
A somewhat "tall" friend of mine races one that he picked-up for a song - he puts the seat as far back and down as it goes, wears narrow shoes, and looks-over the top of the windshield (top down, of course).

Another friend races a Lotus Elise - you have to sorta "fall over" the doorsill to get in, for starters. My feet are so close I could heel-and-toe without meaning to, I could never race it because my head is against the roof (no helmet room) - I fit in it about like Bobby fits in the Miata. If YOU ever got in one of these (god knows how that could happen), it would require "Da' Gums O' Life" to get you out.....

(note archaic Cow and Chicken reference)
Sounds like when I hopped in a NSX, thank goodness the targa top was off, my nose was above the windshield. I fit in a Viper GTS like you do the Elise, head to the roof liner. The Elise's are cool, for a celica powered car. Quite a few of them in their off colors (or is that colours?) rolling around the bay area.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #19
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Sounds like when I hopped in a NSX, thank goodness the targa top was off, my nose was above the windshield. I fit in a Viper GTS like you do the Elise, head to the roof liner. The Elise's are cool, for a celica powered car. Quite a few of them in their off colors (or is that colours?) rolling around the bay area.
That's the price you tall people have to pay for blocking my view at rock concerts.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:00 PM   #20
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
That's the price you tall people have to pay for blocking my view at rock concerts.
If you went to any nor cal rock shows in the late 80's early 90's chances are you saw my head above the crowd dead center on the barricade. I knew most of Bill Graham presents' staff by name due to all the shows I went to back then.