Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Italian V-Four Literbike Shootout: Aprilia RSV4 Factory vs. Ducati Desmosedici (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/18659-italian-v-four-literbike-shootout-aprilia-rsv4-factory-vs-ducati-desmosedici.html)

Administrator 05-26-2011 03:32 PM

Italian V-Four Literbike Shootout: Aprilia RSV4 Factory vs. Ducati Desmosedici

Original Article:
Italian V-Four Literbike Shootout: Aprilia RSV4 Factory vs. Ducati Desmosedici

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Italian V-Four Literbike Shootout: Aprilia RSV4 Factory vs. Ducati Desmosedici in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

12er 05-26-2011 04:54 PM

Your missing page 3, or it seems like your missing page 3. Almost no info about the day at the track, if were going to live vicariously through you guys you gotta give a little more about riding the bikes.

Morbo the Destroyer 05-27-2011 01:03 PM

" he went crazy and installed ceramic wheel bearings ($395), and a host of titanium bits including sprocket studs, nuts, and lock washers. Why all the trick lightweight bits? “I don’t know. They sounded good at the time, so I bought them,”

Please have Mr. Ko contact me immediately regarding an incredible high-tech fuel-saving device he can install on his fleet of cars, trucks, and motorcycles.

Thank you.

Buzglyd 05-27-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer (Post 260666)
" he went crazy and installed ceramic wheel bearings ($395), and a host of titanium bits including sprocket studs, nuts, and lock washers. Why all the trick lightweight bits? “I don’t know. They sounded good at the time, so I bought them,”

Please have Mr. Ko contact me immediately regarding an incredible high-tech fuel-saving device he can install on his fleet of cars, trucks, and motorcycles.

Thank you.

Perhaps the dyno results would have been better with a HHO rather than pump gas.

rogase 05-27-2011 04:26 PM

Confused

What a waste of money. The dyno read is worse than a stock CBR 1000 and I am betting that head to head on the track the blade would toast both of them as well. They may look great getting a latte but thats about it. PS: Spending $1800 for ECU reflash and $$$ for a full system to lose 2hp

cloud9 05-27-2011 04:47 PM

Not a total waste. Less weight and arguably better sound.

I'm sure some answer will surface for the loss of power.

Also the dyno results don't tell the whole story I'm sure.

Morbo the Destroyer 05-27-2011 07:22 PM

Did I mention the high-tech fuel saving system is made of titanium and carbon-fiber? It is.

The_AirHawk 05-27-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer (Post 260688)
Did I mention the high-tech fuel saving system is made of titanium and carbon-fiber? It is.

Any Space-Age Ceramics or Automated Nanobots powered by Miniaturized Ultra-Capacitors in there anyplace?

Duken4evr 05-28-2011 07:14 AM

We all need friends like Mr. Ko...

schizuki 05-28-2011 01:24 PM

I predict V-Four engines will become the dominant powerplant on sportbikes.

Because it's 1984.