Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #11
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Do you have a Canadian to English translation? I couldn't understand a word you were saying.
Either boom mic operator didn't show up that day or I had chunks of burrito caught in my teeth.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2011, 07:16 AM   #12
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
I wonder how much hires power the pan head in the captian America bike has?
Probably less than 45, but even Harley has made some progess in the horsepower department since the '60s. Not a lot, but some.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #13
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Either boom mic operator didn't show up that day or I had chunks of burrito caught in my teeth.
It's a good thing I was recently in Vancouver and got to brush up on my Canadian, eh?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:52 AM   #14
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
You Moto-Journos and your fancy, high-falutin' Gourmet-Restaurant-eatin' Lifestyles.....
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:41 AM   #15
Sir_Angus
Registered Member

For middle management workin slobs that like to break free on the weekend both seem like decent bikes.

I used to have a 2008 Sabre and its a decent bike for what it is, but the Stryker takes the "custom" a step futher with the rake. Basically, if you buy metric you buying cheap & reliable but that comes with a few sacrifices ... Exhaust note, chunky plastic pieces & less aftermarket upgrades.

It's just too bad Japan couldn't produce these in the hayday with some real competition in the marketplace.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:42 AM   #16
Matt7even
Registered Member

First off kudos on the video production guys! If I hadn't seen both bikes in the same shot I would have assumed I was watching reel provided by the factories.

To the person that said the Fury isn't a Big Dog I couldn't agree more. However I would think especially these days most chopper fans out there don't have the extra 23-30k plus to feed their appetite for low rides and long rakes. As Big Dog's demise has demonstrated it seems the only way to make $ in choppers anymore is to make one that is completely one off custom or affordable & convenient. I was critical of Honda at first for producing a pseudo chopper with shaft drive and only 1300cc but it makes sense now when you consider at the time there were dozens of premium/performance chopper motorcycle models out there competing for a shrinking market yet 0 catering to the large younger/entry level demographic that doesn't have the means or the mechanical experience to own a big heavy air-cooled monster. And since then it has sparked a whole new market niche with Yamaha & HD throwing their hats into the ring as well.
Matt7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #17
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt7even View Post
First off kudos on the video production guys! If I hadn't seen both bikes in the same shot I would have assumed I was watching reel provided by the factories.
Yeah, the video was shot and edited by Michael Nardi, a very talented young producer we hope to work with a whole lot more. Check in next week to see what he's done with our 600 street shootout.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:07 PM   #18
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Late comments

I'm late to this party but did want to comment on the video.Production value was very well done.Great analysis as usual.I also wanted to point out the value of reviewing bikes on the other side of the motorcyle spectrum.It was also fun to see you at Cooks.I ride the canyon there at least once a week.Ride on you mofo bastards and keep up the good work.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #19
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

While I appreciate the comparo (and the video quality), choppers are so 2000's. Bobbers are where it's at now.

If I were to get a cruiser, the Victory Hammer S or the Suzuki M109R would have to be tops on the list. Can't forget about the Warrior, too. (Wait! Do they still make that bike?)
Old 05-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #20
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdonald View Post
I'm late to this party but did want to comment on the video.Production value was very well done.Great analysis as usual.I also wanted to point out the value of reviewing bikes on the other side of the motorcyle spectrum.It was also fun to see you at Cooks.I ride the canyon there at least once a week.Ride on you mofo bastards and keep up the good work.
Thanks, jm. We can have fun on any type of bike!