Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Honda Fury vs. 2011 Yamaha Star Stryker [Video] (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/18595-2012-honda-fury-vs-2011-yamaha-star-stryker-video.html)

Kevin_Duke 05-20-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 260162)
Do you have a Canadian to English translation? I couldn't understand a word you were saying.

Either boom mic operator didn't show up that day or I had chunks of burrito caught in my teeth.

Duken4evr 05-21-2011 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumbo (Post 260175)
I wonder how much hires power the pan head in the captian America bike has?

Probably less than 45, but even Harley has made some progess in the horsepower department since the '60s. Not a lot, but some.

Buzglyd 05-21-2011 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 260180)
Either boom mic operator didn't show up that day or I had chunks of burrito caught in my teeth.

It's a good thing I was recently in Vancouver and got to brush up on my Canadian, eh?

The_AirHawk 05-21-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 260180)

You Moto-Journos and your fancy, high-falutin' Gourmet-Restaurant-eatin' Lifestyles.....

Sir_Angus 05-24-2011 06:41 AM

For middle management workin slobs that like to break free on the weekend both seem like decent bikes.

I used to have a 2008 Sabre and its a decent bike for what it is, but the Stryker takes the "custom" a step futher with the rake. Basically, if you buy metric you buying cheap & reliable but that comes with a few sacrifices ... Exhaust note, chunky plastic pieces & less aftermarket upgrades.

It's just too bad Japan couldn't produce these in the hayday with some real competition in the marketplace.

Matt7even 05-25-2011 07:42 AM

First off kudos on the video production guys! If I hadn't seen both bikes in the same shot I would have assumed I was watching reel provided by the factories.

To the person that said the Fury isn't a Big Dog I couldn't agree more. However I would think especially these days most chopper fans out there don't have the extra 23-30k plus to feed their appetite for low rides and long rakes. As Big Dog's demise has demonstrated it seems the only way to make $ in choppers anymore is to make one that is completely one off custom or affordable & convenient. I was critical of Honda at first for producing a pseudo chopper with shaft drive and only 1300cc but it makes sense now when you consider at the time there were dozens of premium/performance chopper motorcycle models out there competing for a shrinking market yet 0 catering to the large younger/entry level demographic that doesn't have the means or the mechanical experience to own a big heavy air-cooled monster. And since then it has sparked a whole new market niche with Yamaha & HD throwing their hats into the ring as well.

Kevin_Duke 05-25-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt7even (Post 260423)
First off kudos on the video production guys! If I hadn't seen both bikes in the same shot I would have assumed I was watching reel provided by the factories.

Yeah, the video was shot and edited by Michael Nardi, a very talented young producer we hope to work with a whole lot more. Check in next week to see what he's done with our 600 street shootout.

jmdonald 05-25-2011 05:07 PM

Late comments

I'm late to this party but did want to comment on the video.Production value was very well done.Great analysis as usual.I also wanted to point out the value of reviewing bikes on the other side of the motorcyle spectrum.It was also fun to see you at Cooks.I ride the canyon there at least once a week.Ride on you mofo bastards and keep up the good work.

Dr_Sprocket 05-25-2011 06:53 PM

While I appreciate the comparo (and the video quality), choppers are so 2000's. Bobbers are where it's at now.

If I were to get a cruiser, the Victory Hammer S or the Suzuki M109R would have to be tops on the list. Can't forget about the Warrior, too. (Wait! Do they still make that bike?)

Kevin_Duke 05-25-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdonald (Post 260459)
I'm late to this party but did want to comment on the video.Production value was very well done.Great analysis as usual.I also wanted to point out the value of reviewing bikes on the other side of the motorcyle spectrum.It was also fun to see you at Cooks.I ride the canyon there at least once a week.Ride on you mofo bastards and keep up the good work.

Thanks, jm. We can have fun on any type of bike!