Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Literbike Streetfighter Shootout (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/18493-2011-literbike-streetfighter-shootout.html)

Administrator 05-05-2011 03:11 PM

2011 Literbike Streetfighter Shootout

Original Article:
2011 Literbike Streetfighter Shootout

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Literbike Streetfighter Shootout in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

sliphorn 05-05-2011 06:55 PM

Nice review, guys. This class just keeps getting better and better.

Go Triumph!

jmdonald 05-05-2011 08:45 PM

I like all Three

The only bike I have seen is the Speed Triple and it is a GEM.I was surprised to hear the Kawi wasn't as nimble as the other bikes.The Speed Triple just keeps getting better.I think I'll take mine in white.Glad to see you guys are staying with the Video commentary.It makes a great lead in to the write up.

Kevin_Duke 05-05-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdonald (Post 259512)
The only bike I have seen is the Speed Triple and it is a GEM.I was surprised to hear the Kawi wasn't as nimble as the other bikes.The Speed Triple just keeps getting better.I think I'll take mine in white.Glad to see you guys are staying with the Video commentary.It makes a great lead in to the write up.

Glad you liked it! We try to say a lot in the vid, but without giving away the conclusion, as, like you said, it's supposed to be a lead-in to the story.

BTW, it's not quite correct to say the Z isn't nimble. We just didn't like the not-quite-linear steering characteristics, but it's our theory it can be improved with a different rear tire.

Morbo the Destroyer 05-06-2011 05:34 AM

It's a shame the Honda is down in power compared to the other bikes. I browsed over to DynoJet.com to see if they had a PC for it yet, but they only list the Euro model (so far). I wonder how much power you could get back out of the engine with the right exhaust, intake and fuel mapping? A single-sided swingarm is always sexy...dope on this bike.

The Triumph may have the best power of the group, but it's ugly as a bucket full 'o ass holes. It's looks like it was assembled at a junkyard from 6-7 bikes! It doesn't help that it looks like a Hyosung 650.

I'll take the Kawi in that nice green color, thanks very much! With a side order of frame-sliders...just in case.

Kevin, have you heard anything about Japanese motorcycle production capacity? Are the factories back on line?

monsterduc1000 05-06-2011 07:51 AM

I would like to see you guys do an all encompassing streetfighter shootout. One that would include the new Aprilia Tuono, The Duc Streetfighter and Monster 1100, and even some of the smaller ones such as the Street Triple. Kinda like a Master Bike Shootout for Streetfighters. That would be AWESOME!!!

Great article and video, but the one guy said the Kawi was more powerful than the other two but the dyno charts show the triple was the beast of the bunch.

Administrator 05-06-2011 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer (Post 259525)
Kevin, have you heard anything about Japanese motorcycle production capacity? Are the factories back on line?

Motorcycle production for the big four is mostly back to normal. The big concern is part supply.

Honda had the longest production interruption but operations have proceeded normally since March 28.

Kawasaki was relatively unaffected by the earthquake as its facilities are on the opposite side of the country from the main disaster area.

Suzuki is back to regular operations after a brief stoppage. There have been some delays but things are mostly running normally.

Yamaha is taking a month-to-month approach. May production will proceed as normal and a decision for June will be made soon.

- MO news monkey

Morbo the Destroyer 05-06-2011 09:36 AM

I'm glad to hear the Japanese factories are back online. They are going to need all the export dollars they can get for a long, long time.

Trooper86 05-06-2011 10:04 AM

If Triumph had taken a little bit of time to make the front end a little nicer rather than just taking a random set of headlights and just tacking them on, I would be all over it. It looks like a transformer with a busted up face.

Helpful 05-06-2011 01:45 PM

Again, you guys continually amaze in your ability to get
test bikes, test them so quickly, actually write about them
so entertainingly, and then stick it up on the web for all to
see. (Maybe that fourth accomplishment isn't that big of
a deal, but it does take will.) I wish you all great heaps
of Karmic reward to go with the fun and huge money.

I'm sure I would be happy with any of these bikes. I only
wish Triumph would put as much effort into expanding or
securing their dealer network as they put into developing
so many appealing models of motorcycles. I live near
a fairly large city and its one Triumph dealer went belly-up
this past year. And this is California, the motorcycle state.
Yes, I realize I only need the dealer to purchase the motorcycle,
but still, it would be comforting to have a dealer within 150 miles.
Hopefully, the economy will turn around for Triumph and all
motorcycle dealers in the coming year.