Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 05-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
jhog
Registered Member

Thumbs down Motorcycle Superstore SUCKS!

Sorry, but I gotta SPEW!!

So, I bought a Chatterbox XBi (which, by the way, ALSO sucks!) from these guys. I tried it out, and the volume (at max. volume for all components) for bluetoothing radio to headset (as advertised) was so low I couldn't hear it when riding (could barely hear it when wearing the the unit inside my house!).

I called the Chatterbox people and haggled with them for a week, and they said that there was nothing they could do. They said to return the unit to Motorcycle Superstore (MS) for a refund -- I did.

A week after they received it, I STILL hadn't gotten my refund, so I called MS, and they said that they had sent the unit back to the manufacturer, and that it would take up to EIGHT WEEKS to determine whether or not they were going to refund my money.

WTF?!?!?

Now they have my unit, my money, and my anger. I will NEVER deal with these scumbags again. THEY SUCK!!!
jhog is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Wow, I don't blame you for being pissed. What ever happened to "prompt, cheerful refunds if not 100% satisfied?"

Guess I won't be buying a Chatterbox.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
acecycleins
Founding Member

jhog- you bought it using a credit card or debit card. If it was credit you can reverse the charge and be done. If debit you must give the manufacturer the opportunity to see if the unit is, in fact, defective or you may just have lousy hearing. BTW- they make tiny portable amps for these things. Just sayin..... Why not get the Sales Mgr on the phone and talk to them?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
12er
Founding Member

I have an autocomm and I use an inline double A powered amp when I hook in my BB to spin tunes. I ride with ear plugs and all but the oldest of my ripped Cd's come in just fine. I have never heard a good thing about Chatterbox, I have no idea how they are still in biz.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

I just bought a cheap set of Shark intercoms off eBay. These are made in China. They're supposed to be good for around 500 meters and cost around $90 per pair. Haven't had a chance to try them out yet. I really don't want to spend the money on a Scala Rider set, so hopefully this'll work out okay.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote