Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 GT8V Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/18419-2011-moto-guzzi-norge-1200-gt8v-review.html)

Administrator 04-26-2011 03:14 PM

2011 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 GT8V Review

Original Article:
2011 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 GT8V Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 GT8V Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Dr_Sprocket 04-26-2011 07:23 PM

This is a sharp looking steed! Too bad it's a bit pricey... and it also seems a bit underpowered for the weight. Having said that, if anyone ever wanted a different bike, something out of the ordinary, this would definitely be worth considering.

sliphorn 04-27-2011 08:09 AM

Truly a beautiful machine. Love the white!

bmwclay 04-27-2011 08:24 AM

Norge

I really want this bike, I love my Le Mans compared to say, my 1150 GS, the BMW's are a much less satisfying ride. Feature for feature, the BMW (or Honda, or Kawasaki) is a better bike but they are boring. The Guzzi really brings you the essence of motorcycling that is lacking in almost every other bike.
My plan is to wait a year and then snap up one of these beauties that ended up as a garage queen in some rich guy's collection.

Morbo the Destroyer 04-27-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwclay (Post 259069)
My plan is to wait a year and then snap up one of these beauties that ended up as a garage queen in some rich guy's collection.

What has your experience (I assume from your avatar you own at least on Guzzi) been with service and parts for Moto Guzzi? I've heard horror stories of bikes being down months awaiting basic parts.

It really is a gorgeous bike, and I love the engine layout.

pikehk 04-28-2011 07:07 AM

Parts are available

The horror stories are completelly true about bikes being down waiting for parts, but its all down to the dealer you get the bike from. If you get your Moto Guzzi from a recomended guzzi dealer you will never have any problems gettings parts. Go to Wildguzzi.com and ask away on the forum they will tell you exactly who to go to. A good dealer can get you the part in a week. A bad one will never get it to you.

bmwclay 05-04-2011 10:56 PM

Guzzi

What has your experience (I assume from your avatar you own at least one Guzzi) been with service and parts for Moto Guzzi? I've heard horror stories of bikes being down months awaiting basic parts.

I have had no issues with my 2002 Le Mans and like I said, it is much more satisfying to ride than my 2 BMW's. I am lucky that I have a pretty good dealer here in SF (Munroe Motors). Parts seem easy to get here but I would be concerned if I broke down in Quitman, Texas, on tour.