Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/18397-2011-suzuki-gsx1250fa-review.html)

Administrator 04-21-2011 04:09 PM

2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA Review

Original Article:
2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

dbees@hotmail.com 04-21-2011 05:43 PM

It is great to read a positive review about an excellent motorcycle line - Suzuki's Bandits. I owned a 2002 1200S for three years, it was a great bike. And then I the itch to try the cruiser scene, I later regretted letting that bike go. I can't wait to check out the 1250FA, I maybe tempted to move my C90 cruiser. Thanks Suzuki and Motorcycle News for letting the secret out.

Kevin_Duke 04-21-2011 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbees@hotmail.com (Post 258818)
It is great to read a positive review about an excellent motorcycle line - Suzuki's Bandits. I owned a 2002 1200S for three years, it was a great bike. And then I the itch to try the cruiser scene, I later regretted letting that bike go. I can't wait to check out the 1250FA, I maybe tempted to move my C90 cruiser. Thanks Suzuki and Motorcycle.com for letting the secret out.

Yeah, the older I get, the more I want versatility in a bike. You lost some when you switched to the C90...

bmwclay 04-21-2011 06:41 PM

comparison test

I would like to see a comparison test between this bike, the new 1000 Ninja, FZ1, the new Triumph GT and maybe a recent VFR 800 thrown in. I am looking for an all-around bike for Sunday rides up the Pacific Coast, and short 3-5 day touring duty, so hard bags would be nice. Enough power and top end to embarrass these new GT-Mustang and Hemi drivers would be nice also. The new super tourers (Concourse, FJR and K bikes) would be too much.

Kevin_Duke 04-21-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwclay (Post 258822)
I would like to see a comparison test between this bike, the new 1000 Ninja, FZ1, the new Triumph GT and maybe a recent VFR 800 thrown in. I am looking for an all-around bike for Sunday rides up the Pacific Coast, and short 3-5 day touring duty, so hard bags would be nice. Enough power and top end to embarrass these new GT-Mustang and Hemi drivers would be nice also. The new super tourers (Concourse, FJR and K bikes) would be too much.

Well, we should be able to make you 3/5ths happy soon...

esmitty82 04-21-2011 11:03 PM

Looked interesting until I saw it only had a 4.9 gal tank. No way I want to go touring on 4 gals on a 1250. No thanks-pass.

Duken4evr 04-22-2011 07:29 AM

The smallish tank might not be too crippling. A buddy of mine had a Bandit 1250, it got really good gas mileage (upper 40s, even 50 mpg at times). These things are geared tall and do make loads of torque at low rpm. You can scoot along and never break 5,000 rpm. As a result, they are quite efficient with gas.

Rode the B-12 back to back with my FZ1. They are completely different - the FZ being revvy and light on it's feet, the B12 feeling like an long and old school sled. This is not necessarily a bad thing. A nice looking torque laden gas efficient smooth riding cost effective and stone reliable "sled" with some sporting ability would be a nice way to go from here to way over there!

tersch 04-22-2011 08:54 AM

Good review, but I have to disagree with your comment about hoping for more hp. This could only come at the expense of low end torque and would completely change the character of the bike (and probably raise the price). I bought a 2007 Bandit 1250, and still love it because of what it is. It really is in a class by itself.

Morbo the Destroyer 04-22-2011 11:59 AM

How can Suzuki get under 100 hp from 1250 CCs? Somebody needs to give one of these to Duken to see what he can brew up. The bike must be seriously stuffed up.

The fairing comment seems a little harsh, at least from the photos. I haven't seen one in person yet, but it looks well done from here. Any word on color selections, or is it any color you want as long as it's black?

I wouldn't include the Viffer in that comparo, but the Ninja 1k and Sprint are clearly it's competitors. If you have the opportunity to compare with luggage attached, all the better. I doubt many of these will be purchased without at least sidebags. It's already 1-up on the Ninja; which cannot carry both top and side bags simultaneously.

bombast 04-22-2011 12:15 PM

I do some sport-touring on my zx-14 with an aftermarket seat and soft bags. How would this bike compare, I wonder?