Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 04-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #21
Duken4evr
Founding Member

My buddy, who bought a used '07 1250 and toured around after graduating law school, routinely got around 215 miles to a tank with a comfortable margin. By then the rider is in need of a butt break anyway.

These bikes are pretty cheap to buy used. I think he paid about $4,000. Rode it for 6,000 miles and sold it after the tour was done for about the same. Gotta love fully depreciated motorcycles
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2011, 06:38 PM   #22
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
My buddy, who bought a used '07 1250 and toured around after graduating law school, routinely got around 215 miles to a tank with a comfortable margin. By then the rider is in need of a butt break anyway.
My Buell only gets 130 miles before the low fuel light comes on. After that, I don't feel comfortable going further than 30 miles before refueling. After 160 miles, I am sooo ready for a break.