Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Triumph Daytona 675R Review - First Ride (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/18321-2011-triumph-daytona-675r-review-first-ride.html)

Administrator 04-08-2011 01:31 PM

2011 Triumph Daytona 675R Review - First Ride

Original Article:
2011 Triumph Daytona 675R Review - First Ride

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Triumph Daytona 675R Review - First Ride in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

pushrod 04-08-2011 01:51 PM

I would think the R would be a no-brainer, if I was looking at that style of bike.

For $1500 more you get Ohlins front and rear, and Brembo brakes!? The rear shock alone is probably $1200 and unless you install it yourself, more for that.

Lord knows what the forks would cost! Maybe $2200?

Not to mention the sexy paint and wheels!

Morbo the Destroyer 04-11-2011 06:01 PM

"The digital display for 2011 now features a black background with white letters for reasons unbeknownst to us"

But beknownst to me: it looks cool.

Kevin_Duke 04-11-2011 09:16 PM

So a 675R before a Duc 848 or Gixxer 750?

pushrod 04-12-2011 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 258423)
So a 675R before a Duc 848 or Gixxer 750?

Well, I'd have to wait for someone like MO to do a comparo to see which was the best choice!

Maybe like; three guys, three bikes, ride them to a track and do some laps and then ride them home and vote for the 'favorite.'

Whattaya say?

Duken4evr 04-12-2011 07:05 AM

Interesting, both this bike and the revamped 1050 Speed Triple got writeups at the same time and they cost about the same.

The 675 strikes me as the lithe hot chick who is used to a certain "lifestyle". Her interests are narrow - looking smoking hot, melting her man's credit card and being the proper Hollywood trophy wife. She is seen at the fancier restuarants and boutiques about town. She gets ridden on the finest linen, and only under the right circumstances you know.

The big 1050 is the low class party blonde from Bakersfield with the big hooters, the insatiable appetite who likes to get rowdy and can probably drink her man under the table. She hangs out at the local saloon and a fancy night out is eating at the local rib joint. She gets ridden whenever and wherever the mood strikes, including in back of a pickup truck parked in the desert, under the night sky.

Can't afford the fancy wimmin - always liked the "low class" chicks myself. Make mine a 1050! I wonder whatever happened to that girl from Bakersfield that I dated so many years ago ;)

pushrod 04-12-2011 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duken4evr (Post 258437)
Interesting, both this bike and the revamped 1050 Speed Triple got writeups at the same time and they cost about the same.

The 675 strikes me as the lithe hot chick who is used to a certain "lifestyle". Her interests are narrow - looking smoking hot, melting her man's credit card and being the proper Hollywood trophy wife. She is seen at the fancier restuarants and boutiques about town. She gets ridden on the finest linen, and only under the right circumstances you know.

The big 1050 is the low class party blonde from Bakersfield with the big hooters, the insatiable appetite who likes to get rowdy and can probably drink her man under the table. She hangs out at the local saloon and a fancy night out is eating at the local rib joint. She gets ridden whenever and wherever the mood strikes, including in back of a pickup truck parked in the desert, under the night sky.

Can't afford the fancy wimmin - always liked the "low class" chicks myself. Make mine a 1050! I wonder whatever happened to that girl from Bakersfield that I dated so many years ago ;)

Hooo!

Duke, I believe I'm gonna swoon!

What is in the coffee you're drinking?

Fastcat 04-12-2011 12:18 PM

Fastest lap times.....1050/675's?

Hey Troy, good article on 675R. Which bike did you turn the fastest lap time on at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway? 1050 or the 675's?

I have a white '10 675 SE (Arrows and quick shifter) and can't imagine having anchors stronger than my stock ones!! :o

Kevin_Duke 04-12-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 258434)
Well, I'd have to wait for someone like MO to do a comparo to see which was the best choice!

Maybe like; three guys, three bikes, ride them to a track and do some laps and then ride them home and vote for the 'favorite.'

Whattaya say?

I say be patient...

Kevin_Duke 04-12-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duken4evr (Post 258437)

A very entertaining post! What are you doing on this board? ;)