Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Motorcycle Insurance: Mechanics of Insurance (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/17896-motorcycle-insurance-mechanics-insurance.html)

Administrator 03-23-2011 12:21 PM

Motorcycle Insurance: Mechanics of Insurance
 

Original Article:
Motorcycle Insurance: Mechanics of Insurance

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Motorcycle Insurance: Mechanics of Insurance in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

pushrod 03-23-2011 01:26 PM

Nice write-up, Kirk! Thanks!

trenttheuncatchable 03-23-2011 01:29 PM

Thanks for the article, Kirk!

Q: "Causal gear" should be "Casual gear", no?

Q: If this is the penultimate article, this means you will write one last article ...

Morbo the Destroyer 03-23-2011 01:56 PM

Another valuable article on a subject I despise.

Every now and then I get a hair up my butt to buy a high-end sportbike. Hell, they're only $12k, right? That's $200 a month if you have good credit. BUT, then I go get a quote, and the insurance is $2,000/year or more. With a clean record.

I guess I need to move to North Georgia. Y'all.

Buzglyd 03-23-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer (Post 257403)
Another valuable article on a subject I despise.

Every now and then I get a hair up my butt to buy a high-end sportbike. Hell, they're only $12k, right? That's $200 a month if you have good credit. BUT, then I go get a quote, and the insurance is $2,000/year or more. With a clean record.

I guess I need to move to North Georgia. Y'all.

Check on rates for a Ducati or Aprilia. My rates aren't bad. It's the Japanese sport bikes that kill you on rate.

Morbo the Destroyer 03-24-2011 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 257408)
Check on rates for a Ducati or Aprilia. My rates aren't bad. It's the Japanese sport bikes that kill you on rate.

It's totally goofy. The rates for a Concours 14 are just a bit more than the DL1000, yet is has sustantially more power and performance. The DL1000 has performance comparable to a Z1000 (when all the touring crap is off), yet the Z is several times more expensive to insure.

Kirk explains it all to me, but it makes my head hurt.

acecycleins 03-24-2011 05:39 AM

It's the geographic location that hammers Ken. That and the fact that Florida is just not insurance friendly to riders compared to many other states.
Casual typos- ha! You know my fingers type faster than my brain spits out info. Funny the editor didn't notice that- lol.

Kevin_Duke 03-24-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trenttheuncatchable (Post 257400)
Thanks for the article, Kirk!

Q: "Causal gear" should be "Casual gear", no?

Q: If this is the penultimate article, this means you will write one last article ...

Well, if your pants were so tight they restricted blood flow to your brain, they could be "causal." ;)

Morbo the Destroyer 03-30-2011 10:10 AM

Kirk's evil minion Kim is adding $2,000 in accessory coverage on my bike. It's $40 a year.

Seems like a no-brainer to me, if you're going to have comprehensive coverage, it might as well actually be comprehensive.

acecycleins 03-30-2011 03:52 PM

True that!, Ken


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:52 AM.