Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Motus MST Preview (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/17794-2012-motus-mst-preview.html)

Administrator 03-11-2011 02:32 PM

2012 Motus MST Preview

Original Article:
2012 Motus MST Preview

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 Motus MST Preview in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

SpeedwayRN 03-11-2011 03:54 PM

Bad Ass! Looks and sounds awsome!

Yes it will be too expensive. Yes it will be rough around the edges...they are an upstart what else would you expect?

But I don't care! Unless it rides and handles like a complete bag of jello I'm probably in for one!

sliphorn 03-11-2011 04:34 PM

Bad Ass, indeed! I like it. A lot.

Kevin_Duke 03-11-2011 05:24 PM

Initially, the whole concept seemed improbable. The more I learn, the more I like it.

Dr_Sprocket 03-11-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 256830)
Initially, the whole concept seemed improbable. The more I learn, the more I like it.

How's about a MO-exclusive test ride? If they are riding across the country, surely they can swing by MO Central.

acecycleins 03-11-2011 06:32 PM

I would move to Birmingham in a hearbeat if I could work with the Marketing and Dealer Delvelopment teams. How could you not be pulling for this bike to succeed? I, also, believe that Buell building the 1190rs is just what he needed to revive himself.
Maybe is they were clever they would cross market themselves to dealers. Shhhhh. That's my in.....

Duken4evr 03-12-2011 09:45 AM

I agree - it seems improbable at first, but the engine design makes a lot of sense. I don't own a Corvette, but drove a friend's late model. That thing had so much power and torque, it is ridiculous, able to light up the rear tires at will on the freeway with the traction control turned off, and that is here in mile high Denver. This bike should have nice solid effortless thrusty power, be pretty fuel efficient and it should be simple to maintain. It will sound cool too.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I think these guys are onto something, both with their engine tech and with their marketing.

schizuki 03-12-2011 01:22 PM

The I'd-buy-a-Buell-if-they-had-a-modern-engine crowd will be all over this one. Not with money, of course. Unless by "money" you mean "excitable-puppy enthusiasm and no money."

pdad13 03-12-2011 01:59 PM

Aw, let's be fair. The Buell didn't sell well for a number of reasons. The first being that it was butt-ugly. The second was that they released it with a couple of flaws. The third, and maybe most telling, is that the product mission was unclear and retail distribution strategy was all wrong. And after reading the inside story of the Buell demise, it's also clear that H-D had Mr. B. by the shorthairs.

The Motus is indeed interesting. They've got pretty big hurdles ahead of them, but at least they won't be tethered to a mothership that doesn't really believe in the cause.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but H-D is a bit of a mess currently.

BTW, GDI will not work over about 10,000 RPM currently, so the choice of a large displacement, relatively lowish rev motor makes a lot of sense.

Buzglyd 03-12-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdad13 (Post 256847)
Aw, let's be fair. The Buell didn't sell well for a number of reasons. The first being that it was butt-ugly. The second was that they released it with a couple of flaws. The third, and maybe most telling, is that the product mission was unclear and retail distribution strategy was all wrong. And after reading the inside story of the Buell demise, it's also clear that H-D had Mr. B. by the shorthairs.

The Motus is indeed interesting. They've got pretty big hurdles ahead of them, but at least they won't be tethered to a mothership that doesn't really believe in the cause.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but H-D is a bit of a mess currently.

BTW, GDI will not work over about 10,000 RPM currently, so the choice of a large displacement, relatively lowish rev motor makes a lot of sense.

He's alive!

Where have you been hiding pee bad?