Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #31
sliphorn
Registered Member

According to the epa website there are ways to opt out of having to sell reformulated gasoline. There's a lot to wade through at the website, but that would explain why ethanol free gas is readily available in a lot of places, particularly Arkansas.
sliphorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2011, 02:33 PM   #32
A Star Ride
Registered Member

I know here in Virginia several stations have big signs "no ethanol in our gas", the rest have small signs "fuel may contain up to 10% ethanol". I honestly haven't been able to tell a difference either way, but I don't religiously clock my milage.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:36 AM   #33
Auphliam
Founding Member

Remember those long term tests we used to see all the time on MO? You know this cross country ride these guys are taking? Sounds like an opportunity to me.

I think this is an important moment in U.S. motorcycle history. It would be cool as hell to get regular updates about the ongoing growth and development of this project.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:45 AM   #34
pplassm
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliphorn View Post
pplasm, I have filled up at more than a couple of these places in MO, IL, and AR and none of them have a "Not for use as a motor fuel" placard anywhere on the pump.

In fact many of the stations in AR and MO have big signs facing the road advertising ETHANOL FREE GAS. So I can't see how it is illegal in any way. If it were they wouldn't be advertising it in the manner they do. And it's been this way for years, so if it were illegal they would have been busted by now, don't ya think?
I stand (sit) corrected. It looks like those stations that are selling ethanol free gas have run through the EPA's permitting process.

Of course, none are near me.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #35
sliphorn
Registered Member

Auphliam, if you sign up for updates at the motus website, they are pretty good about keeping subscribers informed. I imagine they'll be even more diligent with the updates seeing as they're trying to get the word out.

I agree with you that this is an important moment in U.S. motorcycle history.

Last edited by sliphorn : 03-17-2011 at 08:12 AM.
sliphorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #36
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auphliam View Post
Remember those long term tests we used to see all the time on MO? You know this cross country ride these guys are taking? Sounds like an opportunity to me.

I think this is an important moment in U.S. motorcycle history. It would be cool as hell to get regular updates about the ongoing growth and development of this project.
It's an idea I'm all for. But there's myriad reasons why a new OEM wouldn't want to hand their keys over to an outsider - legal, safety, liability, unfairness to other pubs, etc.

That said, we'll jump at the chance to ride this cool new bike that's proudly made in America!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote