Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On My Bike
Posts: 3
Default 2011 Hyosung GT250 Review


Original Article:
2011 Hyosung GT250 Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Hyosung GT250 Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
Duken4evr
Founding Member
 
Duken4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 722
Default

Bonus. V-Twin sound on the cheap. Slap a can on it, rejet the carbs and spoon on some better tires and this could be fun indeed.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Bonus. V-Twin sound on the cheap. Slap a can on it, rejet the carbs and spoon on some better tires and this could be fun indeed.
Re-jet the carbs...? I don't think so!

However, it's the best sounding 250 sportbike to these ears, as 90-degree Twins tend to be.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:33 AM   #4
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member
 
Morbo the Destroyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Re-jet the carbs...? I don't think so!

However, it's the best sounding 250 sportbike to these ears, as 90-degree Twins tend to be.
Ok, so throw a PC and air filter at it. Assuming they make a connector for the EFI, that is.

I was talking to Suzuki's US distributor rep last Friday in Daytona, and the topic of the effect the tsunami would have on the Japanese bike maker's ability to produce product came up. Even though their factory was not damaged, Suzuki (and Honda and Kawi and the rest of them) depend on thousands of small suppliers up and down the Japanese coast. They use "Just in Time" delivery for components, keeping their inventory costs to a minimum. He said Suzuki has enough parts to make bikes for about 2 weeks (some models more, some less).

The tsunami disaster could present a unique opportunity for Japan's competitors to step into a void and ramp up their sales.
__________________
Fun Facts to Know and Tell!

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
Ok, so throw a PC and air filter at it. Assuming they make a connector for the EFI, that is.
That's more like it!

What's happened in Japan is absolutely surreal. My prayers go out to them.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
I was talking to Suzuki's US distributor rep last Friday in Daytona, and the topic of the effect the tsunami would have on the Japanese bike maker's ability to produce product came up. Even though their factory was not damaged, Suzuki (and Honda and Kawi and the rest of them) depend on thousands of small suppliers up and down the Japanese coast. They use "Just in Time" delivery for components, keeping their inventory costs to a minimum. He said Suzuki has enough parts to make bikes for about 2 weeks (some models more, some less).
To that point about production ability: http://www.motorcycle.com/news/honda...ake-90546.html
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #7
mog
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2
Default

Dollar for dollar the Hyosung GT250 has turned H Y S K on their corporate heads. One can do a lot with a few bucks on it but it starts out looking so good, as a standard 250. It is definitely on my 'take a test ride' list. I have a half a dozen bikes, many of which are late model Buells that trackday and street marvelously. With new tires, this would make a really cool town bike, way cool!
mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:59 AM   #8
Helpful
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3
Default Actually, I think it should be laughing "stock".

(Actually, I think it should be laughing "stock".)
I love you guys. How come all those other sites
and magazines don't do the cool tests that you
guys do?
Helpful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #9
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

 
Kevin_Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,087
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpful View Post
(Actually, I think it should be laughing "stock".)
I love you guys. How come all those other sites
and magazines don't do the cool tests that you
guys do?
You've got some keen eyes there, Helpful! I'll get that fixed up.

Lots of cool tests still to come. Next up: the new Speed Triple.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off