Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Hyosung GT250 Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/17782-2011-hyosung-gt250-review.html)

Administrator 03-10-2011 02:29 PM

2011 Hyosung GT250 Review

Original Article:
2011 Hyosung GT250 Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Hyosung GT250 Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Duken4evr 03-13-2011 06:19 PM

Bonus. V-Twin sound on the cheap. Slap a can on it, rejet the carbs and spoon on some better tires and this could be fun indeed.

Kevin_Duke 03-13-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duken4evr (Post 256860)
Bonus. V-Twin sound on the cheap. Slap a can on it, rejet the carbs and spoon on some better tires and this could be fun indeed.

Re-jet the carbs...? I don't think so! :)

However, it's the best sounding 250 sportbike to these ears, as 90-degree Twins tend to be.

Morbo the Destroyer 03-15-2011 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 256862)
Re-jet the carbs...? I don't think so! :)

However, it's the best sounding 250 sportbike to these ears, as 90-degree Twins tend to be.

Ok, so throw a PC and air filter at it. Assuming they make a connector for the EFI, that is.

I was talking to Suzuki's US distributor rep last Friday in Daytona, and the topic of the effect the tsunami would have on the Japanese bike maker's ability to produce product came up. Even though their factory was not damaged, Suzuki (and Honda and Kawi and the rest of them) depend on thousands of small suppliers up and down the Japanese coast. They use "Just in Time" delivery for components, keeping their inventory costs to a minimum. He said Suzuki has enough parts to make bikes for about 2 weeks (some models more, some less).

The tsunami disaster could present a unique opportunity for Japan's competitors to step into a void and ramp up their sales.

Kevin_Duke 03-15-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer (Post 256968)
Ok, so throw a PC and air filter at it. Assuming they make a connector for the EFI, that is.

That's more like it! :)

What's happened in Japan is absolutely surreal. My prayers go out to them.

Kevin_Duke 03-15-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer (Post 256968)
I was talking to Suzuki's US distributor rep last Friday in Daytona, and the topic of the effect the tsunami would have on the Japanese bike maker's ability to produce product came up. Even though their factory was not damaged, Suzuki (and Honda and Kawi and the rest of them) depend on thousands of small suppliers up and down the Japanese coast. They use "Just in Time" delivery for components, keeping their inventory costs to a minimum. He said Suzuki has enough parts to make bikes for about 2 weeks (some models more, some less).

To that point about production ability: http://www.motorcycle.com/news/honda...ake-90546.html

mog 03-17-2011 07:19 PM

Dollar for dollar the Hyosung GT250 has turned H Y S K on their corporate heads. One can do a lot with a few bucks on it but it starts out looking so good, as a standard 250. It is definitely on my 'take a test ride' list. I have a half a dozen bikes, many of which are late model Buells that trackday and street marvelously. With new tires, this would make a really cool town bike, way cool!

Helpful 04-02-2011 12:59 AM

Actually, I think it should be laughing "stock".

(Actually, I think it should be laughing "stock".)
I love you guys. How come all those other sites
and magazines don't do the cool tests that you
guys do?

Kevin_Duke 04-02-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helpful (Post 257817)
(Actually, I think it should be laughing "stock".)
I love you guys. How come all those other sites
and magazines don't do the cool tests that you
guys do?

You've got some keen eyes there, Helpful! I'll get that fixed up.

Lots of cool tests still to come. Next up: the new Speed Triple.