Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 06-02-2011, 02:19 PM   #41
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
I dont know about available but the SLC bmw folks had a nice tent. One side two gt's and two gtls, the other a few srr's, guess which side was packed and which side wasnt? They fired the GT up when I was sitting on it, flashback to last year with the multistrada. Somehow I resisted making a break for it, but it was tough. D@mn that thing sounds good, loved the blutoof everything and the wheeliebob controller. I assume you can order the GTL top case for the GT, still need to try one on with my Stich as the knee notches are going to be close with the pads. The long bars and low seat on the GTL was decidedly unbmw though.

Freaking freezing weekend, snowed in Tooele twice. SLC received 2 inches of rain on Sunday.
Yeah I watched the race and that global warming was apparent.

My immediate reaction on the GTL was that the seating arrangement was pretty tight and I'm only 5-10 1/2. I asked if I was on the "low" version of the seat. Looks like they're going after the Goldwing crowd with those ergos.

The cool thing is you can get the GT with all the extra goodies as an option. Top case, stereo, etc etc. They'll even have the new Schuberth Bluetooth helmets available (at a grand each!). Spendy but a really nice lid.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #42
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
We were down by I-70 and Green River, Ut riding dirt bikes and ATVs. We saw all that weather moving north way to the west. Then Sat evening it began to blow at about 40-50mph from the south and did that all night. Didn't rain on us though.

The weather has been sucking bad all spring here. 3 years ago it was almost 100 on Memorial Day W/E in Tooele. Go figure.
I figured it was your yearly tour time. 3 years ago we had a few random cloud bursts to cool it down a bit. Last year was wet to and from, this year I had great driving both ways, just the 3 days in between were horrid.

Each year it gets worse at Miller, at least this year Utah's finest didnt pull over every single bike leaving the track. Though they (the track) couldnt be bothered to pressure wash the grandstands, bird poo on everything, They also couldnt be bothered with mowing the lawns (2ft tall in the general seating areas) or putting out trash cans. They did away with reserved seating this year, so you had to fight to get your preferred spot every day. I'll see what next year brings but between the Monday races and degrading services it may be my last year. Maybe check out the Austin round of Moto GP instead.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #43
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Yeah I watched the race and that global warming was apparent.

My immediate reaction on the GTL was that the seating arrangement was pretty tight and I'm only 5-10 1/2. I asked if I was on the "low" version of the seat. Looks like they're going after the Goldwing crowd with those ergos.

The cool thing is you can get the GT with all the extra goodies as an option. Top case, stereo, etc etc. They'll even have the new Schuberth Bluetooth helmets available (at a grand each!). Spendy but a really nice lid.
The GTL comes with the low seat and reminded me more of the Vision or an HD than a Wing. Wing is still upright where the GTL is really laid back in comparison. Very cool toys I must admit and the integrated GPS / music interface was nice. Liked the smartphone compartment and hook ups on the right side of the fairing. 1k a lid is a bit steep but then again my Arai came in at almost $800 with no blutoof. Charging your helmet may be a little weird at first...
Old 06-03-2011, 12:32 AM   #44
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Six cylinder engines are inherently less balanced than engines with 4 cylinders. .
"An inline-Six is an engine design that is almost uniquely self-balancing. For an I-6, primary and secondary vibration in horizontal and vertical directions are zero. Ditto for rocking couples, zero. You'll find some zeroes for inline-Fours, V-Fours and V-Sixes, but there are also either residual secondary shaking forces or rocking motions. But inline-Sixes come up all zeroes." -Kevin Cameron
Old 06-03-2011, 05:59 AM   #45
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
"An inline-Six is an engine design that is almost uniquely self-balancing. For an I-6, primary and secondary vibration in horizontal and vertical directions are zero. Ditto for rocking couples, zero. You'll find some zeroes for inline-Fours, V-Fours and V-Sixes, but there are also either residual secondary shaking forces or rocking motions. But inline-Sixes come up all zeroes." -Kevin Cameron
I saw that too. I think ol' Seru typed that one backwards.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #46
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Whatever 6's all suck compared to 8s.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:38 AM   #47
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
I read different shyt in Car and Driver.

Whatever. 6's all suck compared to 8s.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:22 AM   #48
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
I read different shyt in Car and Driver.

Whatever. 6's all suck compared to 8s.
I'm abandoning C&D this year. That mag has gotten really bad.

My car has a turbo I6. Sounds effing cool and hauls a$$.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #49
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
I'm abandoning C&D this year. That mag has gotten really bad.

My car has a turbo I6. Sounds effing cool and hauls a$$.
That twin turbo is sweet, buddy has the 535.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #50
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
That twin turbo is sweet, buddy has the 535.
It is now single turbo for 2011.