Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #21
bmwclay
Founding Member

Thumbs down Bmw

Sorry, but my Le Mans beats it all to hell.
bmwclay is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2011, 05:12 AM   #22
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

I wonder if the better comparison for this bike is not the Gold Wing, but the Concours 14. Feature for feature they're similar, with the exception of the tail bag, an easy addition to the Concours. And since you could buy 2 C-14s for the price of this one, adding in a GPS, Bluetooth and intercom, etc. is a nit.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:52 AM   #23
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
I wonder if the better comparison for this bike is not the Gold Wing, but the Concours 14. Feature for feature they're similar, with the exception of the tail bag, an easy addition to the Concours. And since you could buy 2 C-14s for the price of this one, adding in a GPS, Bluetooth and intercom, etc. is a nit.
The K16 GT (not the GTL) actually matches up pretty well against the C-14. The GT retails for a little over $20K base; the Kawi for $15.6K.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #24
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
The K16 GT (not the GTL) actually matches up pretty well against the C-14. The GT retails for a little over $20K base; the Kawi for $15.6K.
Yeah, but is that 20% premium worth it? From your review, I'd have to say yes. Unfortunately, there's only one way to tell. Time for the uber-touring comparo!!!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #25
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Yeah, but is that 20% premium worth it? From your review, I'd have to say yes. Unfortunately, there's only one way to tell. Time for the uber-touring comparo!!!
I agree. I'm assuming Mr. Duke still has my phone number.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:37 PM   #26
Duken4evr
Founding Member

The 6 is just too cool. Worth the 20% premium over the C14, if money is not that big a concern. Likely the BMW will pay the owner back in resale value vs. the C14 too.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #27
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I agree. I'm assuming Mr. Duke still has my phone number.
Phone? How 20th century...
Old 03-03-2011, 06:45 PM   #28
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Phone? How 20th century...
I'd prefer not to have a Face Time chat with you.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:54 AM   #29
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I'd prefer not to have a Face Time chat with you.
I thought you were a "Chat Roulette" kinda guy.

Back to the bikes: The C-14 is now second generation, so they've addressed the few issues like engine heat and buffeting the 1st gen had. As for the price; who pays retail for a new Kawi these days? I'll bet the Beemer 6's will be selling for over MSRP for a year or more.

Even at retail, is the BMW the price of a new CBR250 better than the C-14? I'd sure enjoy reading a good "shootout" and see who outperforms who.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #30
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
I thought you were a "Chat Roulette" kinda guy.

Back to the bikes: The C-14 is now second generation, so they've addressed the few issues like engine heat and buffeting the 1st gen had. As for the price; who pays retail for a new Kawi these days? I'll bet the Beemer 6's will be selling for over MSRP for a year or more.

Even at retail, is the BMW the price of a new CBR250 better than the C-14? I'd sure enjoy reading a good "shootout" and see who outperforms who.
Well, the Connie will leave a buncha Franklins in the bags, but it lacks Six appeal.