Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2010 Hyosung GT650 Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/17701-2010-hyosung-gt650-review.html)

Administrator 02-28-2011 01:15 PM

2010 Hyosung GT650 Review

Original Article:
2010 Hyosung GT650 Review

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Hyosung GT650 Review in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 02-28-2011 01:29 PM

I'm a little corn-fuzed here: is this a MY2010 "leftover" model you're testing, that will be essentially identical to the MY2011's? Or is there a typo or eight someplace?

Morbo the Destroyer 02-28-2011 02:11 PM

It's interesting that you mention Hundai and Kia in regard to the Yosung. I think what made them palatable to American buyers was that they came out with incredible warranties that were far longer than the competition. It took the quality issue out of the buying equation. If Hyosung wants to become "the next Hundai," I think they should do the same thing. I might put up with some minor design issues, or pick the less familiar brand, if I knew I had 60k or 6 years of warranty.

mscuddy 02-28-2011 06:44 PM

What a stone. If I wanted 20 year old Suzuki technology I sure wouldn't plunk down hard earned greenbacks (that are now worth about 6o cents each) to purchase a Korean Copy of a Japanese motorcycle.

That would like buying a Fiat 124 built in Swaziland.

And what about the deal with Frank White from ATK, Hyosung and HD? Has that been shelved?

This reminds me of the great Honda Dreamcycle debacle where Honda quit making the bike, but forgot to tell the engine produciton line, and fifty thousand or so 150 Dreamcycle motors got dumped on the market. Guess what powered the diminutive Weenie Mobile? The Banana Splits six wheelers? The Bozomobile? Gyrocopters? Yes, you guessed it.

Now we've got this powerplant to wade through for the next twenty years. Oh well, could be worse I guess, could be manufactured in India.

And now I've pooped in my pants, thanks a lot MO!

Duken4evr 02-28-2011 07:24 PM

The toughest competition the new bike market faces is the used bike market. The Hyosung GT650 is very competitive price wise with new cost conscious bikes. On the other hand, 6 grand will buy you a clean low miles 4 year old liter class super sport with 160 hp on tap.

The choice is rather obvious for me - LOL

Kevin_Duke 03-01-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 256299)

And what about the deal with Frank White from ATK, Hyosung and HD? Has that been shelved?

That's still happening last we heard. But the ATKs are just rebranded Hyosungs like the now-defunct UMs.