Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   Motorcycle Insurance: Comprehensive Collission Coverage (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/17700-motorcycle-insurance-comprehensive-collission-coverage.html)

Administrator 02-28-2011 01:15 PM

Motorcycle Insurance: Comprehensive Collission Coverage

Original Article:
Motorcycle Insurance: Comprehensive Collission Coverage

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Motorcycle Insurance: Comprehensive Collission Coverage in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Morbo the Destroyer 02-28-2011 02:02 PM

Another very informative article, Kirk. Thanks for explaining this stuff. Some I knew, some I did not.

Here's a question for you that is related to the comprehensive coverage:

As you know, I have an 07 DL1000. It has literally thousands of dollars in accessories and upgrades. To buy a new bike and equip it as this one is would easily cost $13-14K. But, if the bike were stolen, I assume I would only get $4-5K, or whatever Kelly or NADA says the bike is worth. There is no way I could get another bike equal to what I have for that, even used. Is there anything I can do about that, or am I just "SOL" if it's totaled or stolen?

acecycleins 03-02-2011 07:42 AM

In your case Ken- US will pay ACV plus the accessories. If I only have it at a grand then it will pay a grand. If you pay for more accessories coverage you will get more money. Add the total and tell me and I will tell you the difference in premium diffence. Typically for US it's $20 for every $1000 in accesories.

cloud9 03-22-2011 11:12 AM

These articles are extremely helpful for potential new riders such as myself. Insurance is probably doubly important on a motorcycle and you help clear up some of the fog surrounding the insurance market.

acecycleins 03-22-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud9 (Post 257356)
These articles are extremely helpful for potential new riders such as myself. Insurance is probably doubly important on a motorcycle and you help clear up some of the fog surrounding the insurance market.

Thanks- Kirk

Morbo the Destroyer 03-22-2011 12:51 PM

Let's see here:

Givi luggage and racks: $2,000
2 Bros: $700
PC III: $350
Bars and Kaoko: $200
Givi windscreen and Madstad: $200
Rick Mayer seat: $500

Call it $4k...that's $80 for the year to cover? Sign me up!!!

cloud9 03-28-2011 11:31 AM

Ace are you available in NYS?

acecycleins 03-28-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud9 (Post 257578)
Ace are you available in NYS?

No, but if you give me the bike, your age and marital status I will tell you who to talk with.

acecycleins 04-01-2011 08:55 AM

Pretty funny shameless tag. But EVERY company I deal with will beat their prices. I know my competition that well and I don't put up links to my personal site. These guys know I'm shameless and I don't even have to advertise it.
Welcome to the club.