Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2011 Erik Buell Racing 1190RS Preview (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/17638-2011-erik-buell-racing-1190rs-preview.html)

Administrator 02-21-2011 12:18 AM

2011 Erik Buell Racing 1190RS Preview

Original Article:
2011 Erik Buell Racing 1190RS Preview

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2011 Erik Buell Racing 1190RS Preview in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Dr_Sprocket 02-21-2011 03:55 AM

I'm digging all tech but, dang this is expensive! Glad to see Erik getting back to doing what he does so well. Perhaps we'll get a working man's version in a year or so?

Kevin_Duke 02-21-2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 255927)
I'm digging all tech but, dang this is expensive! Glad to see Erik getting back to doing what he does so well. Perhaps we'll get a working man's version in a year or so?

I don't have any real details, but I'll bet we'll be seeing more from EB...

MOKE1K 02-21-2011 08:26 AM

Looks very nice! Good luck to EB.

jandj_davis 02-21-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 255927)

There is a video online of Erik doing an impromptu interview with someone from another Mag. He says they plan to sell 100 of the "Carbon Edition" ($40K) versions this year, with a more palletable (= CHEAPER) version in the next year or two. He says he wanted this to be the collectible ones, the bike that every knows brought Buell back from the dead.

Think about it. Drop the carbon fibre and the Ohlins suspension and there's 20K knocked off the price already. Take some of the CNC'd parts off and replace with mass-produced items and there is another $1-2K. That has you below the price of a Ducati 1198SP. Not bad for such a small company.

acecycleins 02-21-2011 01:48 PM

I damn near got the retail pegged on the other thread I bet Erik has groundfloor sponsorship opportunities waiting............ ;-)

Amsoil/Motorcycle.com/EBR 1190rs- piloted by Geoff May- WOW! that's sounds cool.

Duken4evr 02-21-2011 06:54 PM

Erik is free at last. It will be fun to watch and see what he does. Perhaps an investment group will come along and inject some money into his company. Ducati is with us as we know it today thanks to Texas Pacific Group (now TPG), which bought a controlling interest in then struggling Ducati in 1996. The rest is history. Perhaps the same can occur for Erik.

Dr_Sprocket 02-22-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duken4evr (Post 255989)
Erik is free at last. It will be fun to watch and see what he does. Perhaps an investment group will come along and inject some money into his company. Ducati is with us as we know it today thanks to Texas Pacific Group (now TPG), which bought a controlling interest in then struggling Ducati in 1996. The rest is history. Perhaps the same can occur for Erik.

We can only hope!

Buzglyd 02-22-2011 06:57 PM

I wonder how many squids (do they even exist anymore?) are gonna step up and buy an American sportbike now that it has a "proper motor" and isn't owned by Hardley Ableson.

Dr_Sprocket 02-22-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 256059)
I wonder how many squids (do they even exist anymore?) are gonna step up and buy an American sportbike now that it has a "proper motor" and isn't owned by Hardley Ableson.

Plenty... of forty-year-old, current or former CEOs of internet startups, at least at the current price.