Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle General Discussion (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/)
-   -   2012 Honda Gold Wing Unveiled (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-general-discussion/17637-2012-honda-gold-wing-unveiled.html)

Administrator 02-21-2011 12:18 AM

2012 Honda Gold Wing Unveiled

Original Article:
2012 Honda Gold Wing Unveiled

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2012 Honda Gold Wing Unveiled in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Dr_Sprocket 02-21-2011 03:49 AM

IMHO, this is/was the last category where Honda was the class leader. Now...

Oh, how the mighty have fallen! (A moment of silence, please.)

MotoCraze 02-21-2011 07:03 AM

A windscreen wiper? now that's something... ;)
hmm did they add an auto pop-up umbrella with the rain sensor ? no?

Buzglyd 02-21-2011 07:14 AM

I like the fact that the new BMW will be about 150 lbs lighter.

Something to put on the TO DO list for 2012.

Morbo the Destroyer 02-21-2011 07:23 AM

There's no doubt that BMW is eating Honda's lunch in terms of technology and advanced features. And doing it for the same price, or less. But it doesn't matter.

There's a large, core demographic out there that will buy a new Wing and never look at or care about anything else. Every rally I've been to has a big contingent of Wing riders. They show up together, they hang out together, they yak on their radios at each other. Rumor is that they share their wimmen...but that's just a rumor.

It's just like the HD 'Glide riders. BMW could be giving away bikes, it doesn't matter. Brand loyalty runs really deep with these guys. They'd have to give up their riding friends, social agendas, their motorcycle lifestyles, to change bike brands.

The_AirHawk 02-21-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer (Post 255943)
There's no doubt that BMW is eating Honda's lunch in terms of technology and advanced features. And doing it for the same price, or less. But it doesn't matter.

There's a large, core demographic out there that will buy a new Wing and never look at or care about anything else. Every rally I've been to has a big contingent of Wing riders. They show up together, they hang out together, they yak on their radios at each other. Rumor is that they share their wimmen...but that's just a rumor.

It's just like the HD 'Glide riders. BMW could be giving away bikes, it doesn't matter. Brand loyalty runs really deep with these guys. They'd have to give up their riding friends, social agendas, their motorcycle lifestyles, to change bike brands.

I know of at least 3 or 4 guys that have bought 2 or more brandy-new GL1800 'Wings that were essentially the same - one even bought the same colour........

Harley's got nothin' on 'Wing-Dings.

MOKE1K 02-21-2011 08:28 AM

Hey anybody seen the red and blue side fairings for the new Wing?...

Noo but we have alot of left over silver fairings?,....ah what the hell!

Duken4evr 02-21-2011 07:06 PM

Wow. I had no idea these things weigh half a ton and cost 25K. Oh well. I figured the loaded ones would run around 20K and that they weighed around 815 or so.

Then again, I was recently shocked that higher end RVs that I see on the road cost half a mil or more. I thought they were around 150K. Jeez. It sucks not to be rich. Ignorance is bliss...

acecycleins 02-22-2011 04:32 AM

I'm not a fan of the different colors on the panels. But the redesign does look alright.

King Vitamin 02-22-2011 08:01 AM

The 2013 Wing -- to be released early in 2012 -- will have two extra wheels for stability, better weather protection, seating for four, and will actually cost less.

It will be renamed, as well. It will be called the "Civic."