Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 03-01-2011, 01:34 PM   #31
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwclay View Post
The 2013 Wing -- to be released early in 2012 -- will have two extra wheels for stability, better weather protection, seating for four, and will actually cost less.

It will be renamed, as well. It will be called the "Civic."

(and will finally get the extra 40 horsepower it needed.)
LOL!

GTL review should be turned live within an hour.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #32
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Exciting, eh? How long do we have to wait?
GTL Review: Honda Suzuka 8 Hr. Preview
Old 03-02-2011, 03:20 AM   #33
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Thanks a bunch!

FWIW, I would have never thought I'd want a luxo-touring barge. Looks like BMW has changed the paradigm.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #34
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Thanks a bunch!

FWIW, I would have never thought I'd want a luxo-touring barge. Looks like BMW has changed the paradigm.
Paradigm change indeed. The GT, essentially the same as the GTL but with a bit more ground clearance, should be able to run with a C-14! This ain't a Gold Wing...
Old 03-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #35
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
Paradigm change indeed. The GT, essentially the same as the GTL but with a bit more ground clearance, should be able to run with a C-14! This ain't a Gold Wing...
You can expect an angry letter from Honda soon.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:13 AM   #36
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
You can expect an angry letter from Honda soon.
Nah, they're nice people. It'll probably be a phone call.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:02 AM   #37
wing-rider
Registered Member

so yesterday i had a saturday free. I i decided to go look at bikes since i wasn't working and had some spare time.
so the area I went to They had a Kaw,suzuki, star(yamaha), can-am(spyder) dealer first.
looked at the Kaw Voyager- after being on a Wing I really didn't want belt drive.
looked at a Royal Star Venture S- I ride a lot out of state and as many of you "old school guys" know when you go into elevation changes with carbs you either gotta "lean out" or "add" more air. Fuel injection if your riding out state i suggest is the way to go.
second dealer(only about mile or 2 away) they are an authorized Honda dealer(only line he carries).
I had a open mind about the wing going in. The dealer made a HUGE deal i can control my Ipod from the trunk(big whoop-de-do), and smoke headlights. again let down for a major model change in my honest opinion.
off to the 3rd and final bike shop about 5 minutes away authorized Ducati,Triumph and BMW motorcycle shop.
Triumph Rocket 3 Triumph- Impressive bike for the money. Just no intergrated radio, CB,Intercoms(basically all the creature comforts on the wing)
Ducati(they didn't have anything close well maybe the multistrada but i don't consider that a 500-700 mile bike a day)
last but certainly not least and one I was by far most impressed with
2012 BMW K1600 GTL. it takes a lot to impress me. as you've probably read in previous post i was disappointed in the 2012 wing. this 2012 K1600 "is smokin' hot" I'm not talking like a Hayabusa or ZX 14 burn the pavement up way. but for being a 6 cylinder the weight only like 700 lbs. adjustable seat height. just BMW didn't just eat Honda's lunch. They ate their breakfest,lunch and dinner on the K1600 GTL vs 2012 or 2013 Wing.
and I'll admit neither the Honda or BMW had the new Wing or K1600 on the floor. but just sheer power,technology,and features its a no brainer
wing-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #38
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Plus it can do wheelies, with Kevin Duke in the saddle anyway!

All kidding aside, the new BMW does look amazing. I was never interested in this type of bike before, but I can see being interested in this one - someday
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:44 AM   #39
jamesparker
Registered Member

Helmet means who save your life while driving because on driving if someone hit you from back & you are with helmet so there is less chance of injured. And it’s mandatory for everyone who is driving on road. While going forward if someone who live speed they can secure their head by helmet & in the market top class model in available whose design, color etc makes these helmet luxury to other. And there is a helmet which is designed by Jerome Coste with the inspiration of science fiction movies & also French luxury lifestyle.
jamesparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:38 AM   #40
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesparker View Post
Helmet means who save your life while driving because on driving if someone hit you from back & you are with helmet so there is less chance of injured. And it’s mandatory for everyone who is driving on road. While going forward if someone who live speed they can secure their head by helmet & in the market top class model in available whose design, color etc makes these helmet luxury to other. And there is a helmet which is designed by Jerome Coste with the inspiration of science fiction movies & also French luxury lifestyle.
Man when I bring my sci-fi movies and gay-french-man-purse i know I'm not going to crush my skull! Its AWESOME I am SO in today!
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote