Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #11
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Vitamin View Post
The 2013 Wing -- to be released early in 2012 -- will have two extra wheels for stability, better weather protection, seating for four, and will actually cost less.

It will be renamed, as well. It will be called the "Civic."
I bet it handles like a Dream!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #12
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Wow. I had no idea these things weigh half a ton and cost 25K. Oh well. I figured the loaded ones would run around 20K and that they weighed around 815 or so.

Then again, I was recently shocked that higher end RVs that I see on the road cost half a mil or more. I thought they were around 150K. Jeez. It sucks not to be rich. Ignorance is bliss...
You and me, both! You and me both. (shakes head)
Old 02-23-2011, 07:19 AM   #13
pplassm
Founding Member

Quote:
Wow. I had no idea these things weigh half a ton and cost 25K. Oh well. I figured the loaded ones would run around 20K and that they weighed around 815 or so.

Then again, I was recently shocked that higher end RVs that I see on the road cost half a mil or more. I thought they were around 150K. Jeez. It sucks not to be rich. Ignorance is bliss...
They are financed as houses. Just like boats, if they have a galley and a head, they qualify for 30 year financing.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:33 AM   #14
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
They are financed as houses. Just like boats, if they have a galley and a head, they qualify for 30 year financing.
Yikes. Riding the road to financial ruin on a Gold Wing. Financing non essential "toys" simply never occurred to me. Hell. Financing cars never occurred to me. I drive unexciting used but well maintained and solid cars, paid for with cash. As I like to say, my treasure is in heaven, the rest is with Vanguard - LOL

When Mastercard had it's IPO a few years ago, I bought 200 shares at $46. It doubled to $92 and I sold it. Walked into Vickery Yamaha and bought a new FZ1 for $8,400 out the door, paid for on, you guessed it, my Mastercard with the stock sale profits. Always did march to a different drummer - I don't buy things unless I can pay for them, period

Last edited by Duken4evr : 02-23-2011 at 07:37 AM.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:27 AM   #15
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yikes. Riding the road to financial ruin on a Gold Wing. Financing non essential "toys" simply never occurred to me. Hell. Financing cars never occurred to me. I drive unexciting used but well maintained and solid cars, paid for with cash. As I like to say, my treasure is in heaven, the rest is with Vanguard - LOL

When Mastercard had it's IPO a few years ago, I bought 200 shares at $46. It doubled to $92 and I sold it. Walked into Vickery Yamaha and bought a new FZ1 for $8,400 out the door, paid for on, you guessed it, my Mastercard with the stock sale profits. Always did march to a different drummer - I don't buy things unless I can pay for them, period
If only the rest of America operated the same way...
Old 02-24-2011, 06:16 AM   #16
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
If only the rest of America operated the same way...
The US economy would collapse, billions of Chinese would starve to death, dogs would live with cats. Biblical stuff.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:14 AM   #17
pplassm
Founding Member

They also qualify for homeowner mortgage interest tax deductions, as well.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #18
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
They also qualify for homeowner mortgage interest tax deductions, as well.
Now I know you're pullin' my leg, right?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:01 AM   #19
Duken4evr
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
The US economy would collapse, billions of Chinese would starve to death, dogs would live with cats. Biblical stuff.
LOL.

pplasm is right. Back in the real estate bubble heyday, people took out equity lines on their homes and bought RVs, bikes, cars, etc. The equity line is tax deductible as interest on a home loan. Likely the intent of this was to give people an opportunity to borrow money against their appreciated home to fix it up, add onto it, or perhaps help a kid with college tuition. Instead we threw a party. Yep, if people were all like me, the economy would have been a lot less bubbly. We would also not be in the mess we are in today. Living within one's means is the only sustainable way to go.

By the way, Mastercard peaked at over $300 a share. That FZ1 really "cost" about 30 grand. Oh well. I don't look at it that way. I view it as the deployment of assets resulting in a nice new motorcycle in my garage without really having to work for it. Thanks Mastercard. Your member bank (Chase in my case) can go screw someone else with their late fees...
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #20
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
By the way, Mastercard peaked at over $300 a share. That FZ1 really "cost" about 30 grand. Oh well. I don't look at it that way. I view it as the deployment of assets resulting in a nice new motorcycle in my garage without really having to work for it. Thanks Mastercard. Your member bank (Chase in my case) can go screw someone else with their late fees...
Got any other hot stock tips?