Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle General Discussion

Old 02-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #11
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
The website is cheese. The descriptions and tech info is weak.
Boy, you nailed that one. From the quazi-Nazi emblem at the top to the "Call of Duty" grainy black and white, it looks like some kid hacked it up in his basement. Pathetic.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #12
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo the Destroyer View Post
Boy, you nailed that one. From the quazi-Nazi emblem at the top to the "Call of Duty" grainy black and white, it looks like some kid hacked it up in his basement. Pathetic.
Hey! I worked a long damn time on that site! At least 5 or 6 hours!

Screw You, buddy!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #13
MotoCraze
Registered Member

Good test. I almost feel like someone was reading my comments.
I think Kawa and Honda are at the same level of quality and value for the money, but Honda seems to target more at absolute beginners and around town ride, while Kawasaki is better for hose who have some previous experience and want more speed and open road ride.
Hyosung is getting better actually. They got redesigned last year and they got EFI. Cooling is not only by air, cause they also have an oil cooler. Final touch is not that good, but engine is quite reliable, and offers a good value for the money. R version is even better, for the fairing and double disc on the front, and its aggressive sporty seating position gives you a better feel in curves, but gonna hurt you on longer rides. Tried them all.
Honda actually makes the best on road 250 bike, but it is not CBR, but VTR 250. VTR has liquied cooled V-Twin, IMO best 250 engine. I don't understand why Honda offer VTR only in few countries. Weird. Just as weird as the carbs on Ninja 250 for US.
MotoCraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #14
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Let me get this right: A 2011 Honda 250cc single cylinder four stroke street bike weighs 359 lbs.

Does a truss come in the tool kit? That's ludicrous. Must have a giant battery, right? Lead based paint? Solid frame tubes?

Sheesh....
Old 02-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #15
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Let me get this right: A 2011 Honda 250cc single cylinder four stroke street bike weighs 359 lbs.

Does a truss come in the tool kit? That's ludicrous. Must have a giant battery, right? Lead based paint? Solid frame tubes?

Sheesh....
Full O' Fluids, if I read that right.

Still, a bit Porky.

BUT, even with the ABS it's lighter than the Ninja - which is essentially the same bike it was back in '86 (w/updated bodywork and a few engine tweaks).

Look for the Littlest Japanese Assassin to gain a few el-beez when they add the Feeyool-Injekshulatin' hardware.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #16
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post

Sheesh....
Heeeeer we go again! *rolls eyes*
Old 02-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #17
Duken4evr
Founding Member

The VTR 250 was/is way cool. It would likely be a lot heavier at the cash register though. That is a pity, for as crotchety is Cuddy is about weight, I am about money.

It is a bit of a catch 22. A new beginner probably should not be on a shiny new bike, because they will throw it away in some form or another with pretty much 100% certainty. Best to do that with an old beater, but somebody has to pay 4 large plus tax for a new "beginner bike." My preference is to pay 4 large for a lighty used $7,000 bike.

Hmm. My long suffering DRZ400 dual sport might be up for sale pretty soon. It could be a decent beginner bike. Already pre-crashed and bashed through all manner of off road too. Dropping it at this point would make little discernable difference. Perfect for beginners, and I need a last of the pre jacked up "BMW edition" fuel injected Husky TE450s for ongoing off road duties. Let's talk beginner types

Last edited by Duken4evr : 02-17-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #18
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
KD- Lifan motors. Rebadged or not the fact is the bikes are not too different than Jonnhy Peg bikes. The website is cheese. The descriptions and tech info is weak. If they'd like to make a splash I suggest a better web design and the company should be seeking out MO and others to review the bikes. Also, it wouldn't hurt for them to have a factory warranty that is two years.
Well, there we go then. A Johnny Pag wannabe. I'll wait for their call if they want to talk.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:59 AM   #19
timbo813
Founding Member

Good job on the comparison guys. I would absolutely love to see you guys mod these slightly and see how they respond. PCIII on the FI bikes, jet kit on the Kawi, pipes on all of them and some better rubber on the hyosung. Let those babies breath and see how they respond. It would be nice to see more bottom end on the ninja and top end on the honda.
timbo813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:29 AM   #20
pplassm
Founding Member

One of the Cleveland Cycle Werks bikes was tested in this month's Cycle World. It was the "chopper" version. They didn't absolutely pan it, but they did not say it was spectacular, either. I think their best comment was along the lines of "Well, nothing fell off" .